Our absolute favorite places to visit are US National Parks!
The landscape of each park is different: mountains, glaciers, geysers, rainforests, swamps, deserts, arches, canyons, volcanoes and more!
We have created a list of National Park vacation ideas that include travel guides, packing checklists, tips and resources to plan your getaway!
If you love the outdoors and taking pictures of breathtaking scenery, check out all the things you can do, see and photograph at each of the parks below!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
National Park Packing List
When you are visiting US National Parks it is important to be prepared. This includes wearing the proper clothes and shoes to be comfortable for the climate and the terrain.
→ CHECK OUT: National park packing lists for spring, summer, fall and winter!
- Hiking shoes – we like Merrell Moab and Oboz hiking shoes
- Hiking socks – we always wear Darn Tough socks to keep our feet happy!
- Fleece jackets – Columbia fleece jackets are our favorite and LAST for years!!
- Lots of Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Food – healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Lip Balm – get lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen and sun hat
- Hand sanitizer – travel hand sanitizer when you can’t wash your hands thoroughly!
- Flashlight or headlamp – a headlamp is perfect for those morning or evening hikes
- Maps of the park – national park maps are essential if you’ll do any hiking
- Guide book for the park – national park guide books are a wonderful resource to keep with you!
- Sunglasses – UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- First aid kit – carry a first aid kit in your car and in your backpack when hiking
- Insect repellent – bug bites are no fun!
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
Travel Lodging Ideas
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!