Our absolute favorite places to visit are US National Parks!
The landscape of each park is different: mountains, glaciers, geysers, rainforests, swamps, deserts, arches, canyons, volcanoes and more!
We have created a list of National Park vacation ideas that include travel guides, packing checklists, tips and resources to plan your getaway!
If you love the outdoors and taking pictures of breathtaking scenery, check out all the things you can do, see and photograph at each of the parks below!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
National Park Packing List
When you are visiting US National Parks it is important to be prepared. This includes wearing the proper clothes and shoes to be comfortable for the climate and the terrain.
→ CHECK OUT: National park packing lists for spring, summer, fall and winter!
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- US National Park travel guides and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
Travel Lodging Ideas
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!