Looking for National Park vacation ideas?
We’ve got you covered!
→ Do you need a good list of parks in the US to add to your bucket list? Check!
→ Do you want a list of national parks by state? Check!
→ Do you wonder it’s the best time to visit each park? Check!
→ Do you need to know what to pack? Check!
Use our resources with tips, attractions, recommended activities and packing checklists to help you plan the most amazing trip!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Lists of Parks to Visit
If you’re wondering to travel next, we’ve got terrific lists of parks in the US. The hard part will be trying to decide where to go first!
- US National Park List: Bucket List Destinations
- List of National Parks by State
- US National Parks to Visit with Kids
- Utah National Park Vacation Ideas
Best Seasons and Months to Visit the US Parks
There are important things to know about visiting the various parks during each season. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific month so you know in advance what to expect.
- Visit US National Parks in the Spring
- Visit a US National Park in the Summer
- US National Parks to Visit in the Fall
- US National Parks in the Winter
- Visiting US National Parks in January
- Visiting US National Parks in February
- Visiting US National Parks in March
- Visiting US National Parks in April
- US National Parks to Visit in May
- US National Parks to Visit in June
- Vacation Ideas for US National Parks in July
- Vacation Ideas for US National Parks in August
- Must-Visit US National Parks in September
- Visiting US National Parks in October
- Best US National Parks to Visit in November
- Visiting US National Parks in December
Travel Planning Guides
Use our planning guides, itineraries and travel planners to create the most amazing vacation visiting any of these US destinations.
- Arches & Canyonlands 3 Day Photography Itinerary
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- Visit Arches National Park
- Visit Bryce Canyon National Park
- Visit Canyonlands National Park
- Visit Capitol Reef National Park
- Visit Grand Tetons National Park
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Visit Zion National Park
Things to Do
Here’s a terrific list of things to do, see and photograph at these amazing parks. Enjoy the outdoors by hiking the trails, enjoying the viewpoints and capturing amazing pictures as the best photo spots!
- Arches Photo Spots
- Arches Hiking Trails
- Devil’s Garden Trail at Arches
- Bryce Canyon Photo Spots
- Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop Queen’s Garden Trail
- Things to Do at Canyonlands Island in the Sky
- Things to Do at Needles Canyonlands
- Capitol Reef Hikes
- Grand Teton Photography: Best Photo Spots
- Yellowstone Waterfalls to Photograph
- Zion National Park Hikes
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Helpful resources for what to pack, and even helpful packing checklists you can download. Also learn all about why you need the NP annual park pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- US National Park Packing Lists for Summer & Winter
- Is the US National Park Pass a Good Deal?
- Bryce Canyon Places to Stay
- Where to Stay Near Arches & Canyonlands
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Ornaments