We have created a list of National Park vacation ideas that include travel guides, packing checklists, travel tips and resources to plan your getaway!
People often ask us the best national parks to visit by month. We’ve made a list so you know what to expect at various national parks each month of the year.
If you’re looking for a list of parks in the US to add to your bucket list, we’ve got a printable national parks by state list that will really come in handy.
Keep reading for all the tips and resources we share below!
US National Parks Lists
We’ve got a few national parks lists for you to use to plan your next vacation: bucket list ideas, national parks by state printable list, best national parks for a family vacation and more!
- US National Park List
- National Parks by State – download the handy list!
- US National Parks to Visit with Kids
A Photo Tour of Utah National Parks
Take a visual tour through all five Utah National Parks to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
Best Times to Visit the US National Parks
We get asked often what the best National Parks to visit by month are – so here you go! There are important things to know about visiting the various parks during each season. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific month so you know in advance what to expect.
- US National Parks in the Spring
- US National Parks in the Summer
- US National Parks in the Fall
- US National Parks in the Winter
US National Parks to Visit by Month
- US National Parks in January
- US National Parks in February
- US National Parks in March
- US National Parks in April
- US National Parks in May
- US National Parks in June
- US National Parks in July
- US National Parks in August
- US National Parks in September
- US National Parks in October
- US National Parks in November
- US National Parks in December
National Park Travel Planning Guides
Use our planning guides, itineraries and travel planners to create the most amazing vacation visiting any of these US National Parks. The guides include basic information about the park, best time to visit, things to do, great photo spots, what to pack, where to stay and more!
- Arches National Park travel guide
- Bryce Canyon travel guide
- Canyonlands National Park guide
- Capitol Reef National Park guide
- Grand Teton National Park guide
- Yellowstone National Park travel guide
- Zion National Park travel guide
Done-For-You National Park Travel and Photography Guides
- Arches and Canyonlands Photography Guide + 3 Day Itinerary
- Bryce Canyon Photography Guide + 2 Day Itinerary
- Capitol Reef Photography Guide + 2 Day Itinerary
- Zion National Park Photography Guide + 2 Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
Things to Do at US National Parks
Here’s a terrific list of things to do, see and photograph at these amazing National Parks. Enjoy the outdoors by hiking the trails, enjoying the viewpoints and capturing amazing pictures as the best photo spots!
Hiking at US National Parks
Things to Do at Various National Parks
- Things to Do at Arches National Park
- Things to Do at Bryce Canyon National Park
- Tourist Attractions in Bryce Canyon
- Things to Do at Canyonlands National Park
- Things to Do at Needles Canyonlands
- Things to Do in Capitol Reef National Park
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park in Summer
- Summer Activities at Grand Teton
- Things to Do at Yellowstone National Park
- Things to do at Zion National Park
USA AUDIO TOURS (GyPSy Guide)
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the area and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a guide in the car with you.”
Tips and Resources to Plan Your National Park Trip
Helpful resources for what to pack, and even helpful packing checklists you can download. Also learn all about why you need the National Park annual pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- US National Parks Pass – yes, it’s a good deal!
- US National Park Packing List – for spring, summer, fall and winter – FREE Download
National Park Travel Games and Gifts
- National Park Coloring Pages
- National Park Scavenger Hunt
- National Parks Activity Pack
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Gifts
- National Park Ornaments
Where to Stay Near US National Parks
Finding lodging near the national parks is one of the first things you research. Here are helpful lists of accommodations near specific national parks. You’ll find hotels, vacation rentals, campgrounds, RV parks and more!
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!
- VRBO Vacation Rentals
- Book a Hotel
- Book an Apartment
- Book a Bed and Breakfast
- Book a Guest House
National Park Packing List
When you are visiting US National Parks it is important to be prepared. This includes wearing the proper clothes and shoes to be comfortable for the climate and the terrain.
→ CHECK OUT: National park packing lists for spring, summer, fall and winter!
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- US National Park travel guides and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!