We have created a list of National Park vacation ideas that include travel guides, packing checklists, travel tips and resources to plan your getaway!
If you’re looking for a list of parks in the US to add to your bucket list, we’ve got a printable national parks by state list that will really come in handy.
People often ask us the best national parks to visit by month. We’ve made a list so you know what to expect at various national parks each month of the year.
And it’s always helpful to know what to pack for spring, summer, fall and winter when visiting US national parks. Use our printable national park packing checklists so you know you’ve got everything you need!
US National Parks Lists
We’ve got a few national parks lists for you to use to plan your next vacation: bucket list ideas, national parks by state printable list, best national parks for a family vacation and more!
- US National Park List: Bucket List Destinations
- List of National Parks by State
- US National Parks to Visit with Kids
- Utah National Park Vacation Ideas
Best Seasons and Months to Visit the US National Parks
There are important things to know about visiting the various parks during each season. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific month so you know in advance what to expect.
- US National Parks in the Spring
- US National Parks in the Summer
- US National Parks in the Fall
- US National Parks in the Winter
- US National Parks in January
- US National Parks in February
- US National Parks in March
- US National Parks in April
- US National Parks to Visit in May
- US National Parks to Visit in June
- US National Parks in July
- US National Parks in August
- US National Parks in September
- US National Parks in October
- US National Parks in November
- US National Parks in December
National Park Travel Planning Guides
Use our planning guides, itineraries and travel planners to create the most amazing vacation visiting any of these US National Parks. The guides include basic information about the park, best time to visit, things to do, great photo spots, what to pack, where to stay and more!
- Visit Arches National Park
- Visit Bryce Canyon National Park
- Visit Canyonlands National Park
- Visit Capitol Reef National Park
- Visit Grand Tetons National Park
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Visit Zion National Park
Things to Do at National Parks
Here’s a terrific list of things to do, see and photograph at these amazing National Parks. Enjoy the outdoors by hiking the trails, enjoying the viewpoints and capturing amazing pictures as the best photo spots!
- Arches Photo Spots
- Arches Hiking Trails
- Devil’s Garden Trail at Arches
- Bryce Canyon Photo Spots
- Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop Queen’s Garden Trail
- Canyonlands Island in the Sky: Things to Do
- Canyonlands Needles: Things to Do
- Capitol Reef Hikes
- Capitol Reef: Things to Do
- Grand Teton Photography: Best Photo Spots
- Yellowstone Waterfalls to Photograph
- Zion National Park Hikes
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Helpful resources for what to pack, and even helpful packing checklists you can download. Also learn all about why you need the National Park annual pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- US National Park Packing Lists for Summer & Winter
- Is the US National Park Pass a Good Deal?
- Bryce Canyon Places to Stay
- Where to Stay Near Arches & Canyonlands
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Ornaments
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.