Looking for Utah National Parks vacation ideas?
You’ve come to the right place!
→ Do you need tips for planning your vacation to visit all 5 parks? Check!
→ Do you want a list of things to do at each national park? Check!
→ Do you wonder when it’s the best time to visit? Check!
→ Do you need a packing list for your trip? Check!
Use our Utah resources with tips, attractions, recommended activities and a packing checklist to help you plan your next trip.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Travel Guides to Plan Your Trip
Use our vacation planning guides, our favorite itineraries and travel photography planner to help you organize the perfect trip to visit all 5 national parks!
- Arches National Park Vacation Planning Guide
- Arches & Canyonlands 3 Day Itinerary and Photography Guide
- Arches National Park Travel Planner
- Arches National Park Vacation Ideas
- Bryce Canyon Travel Guide
- Canyonlands Travel Guide
- Zion National Park Travel Guide
When Is the Best Time to Visit?
There are important things to know about visiting these parks during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the busy seasons at the parks. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
- Visiting Arches in the Spring
- Visiting Arches in the Fall
- Visiting Arches in the Winter
- Visiting Bryce Canyon in the Fall
- Visiting Bryce Canyon in the Winter
- Visiting Zion in the Summer
- Visiting Zion in the Fall
- Visiting Zion in the Winter
- Arches in December
- Arches in January
- Arches in February
- Bryce Canyon in January
- Bryce Canyon in February
- Canyonlands in January
- Zion National Park in January
- Zion National Park in February
Attractions and Things to Do
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at the 5 national parks. Explore the various points of interest by driving, hiking or biking. And don’t forget to learn about all the best photo spots. These are all beautiful parks where you’ll want to take pictures of the stunning landscape!
- Arches National Park Photography Spots
- Arches National Park Hiking Trails
- Arches Devil’s Garden Trail Guide
- Bryce Canyon Photography Spots
- Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop Queen’s Garden Trail
- Things to Do at Bryce Canyon National Park
- Things to Do at Canyonlands Island in the Sky
- Things to Do at Needles Canyonlands
- Things to Do at Capitol Reef National Park
- Zion National Park Hikes: Easy, Moderate and Strenuous Trails
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Here’s a list of good resources for what to pack for your trip. Use the packing checklist no matter what time of the year you visit. And learn all about why you need the NP annual park pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- Arches National Park Packing List for Summer and Winter
- Where to Stay in Moab Near Arches and Canyonlands
- Bryce Canyon Places to Stay
- National Park Packing Lists for Summer and Winter
- Is the US National Park Pass a Good Deal?
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Ornaments
Extend Your Trip!
Use this list of places to visit that are near the various national parks in the state.