Best Utah National Parks Activities
You’ll find a fun list of ways to enjoy Utah National Parks activities like hiking, biking, horseback riding, scenic drives, and photography.
We live just hours away from all five Utah National Parks so we’ve been able to visit during every season and during all types of weather. There are a variety of things to do year-round at each park.
Check out our Utah National Park road trip itinerary that includes travel guides, packing checklists, and tips to help you plan your dream vacation to visit all of these amazing parks!
Depending on the time you visit, be sure to reference our packing list for Utah National Parks and get the free printable by clicking the graphic below!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
A Photo Tour of Utah National Parks
Take a visual tour through all five Utah National Parks to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
Utah National Parks Weather
Deciding the best time to visit Utah National Parks depends on the activities you want to do.
You’ll find different Winter Activities in Utah National Parks compared to the things you can do in the spring, summer, and fall seasons.
Be sure you know the expected weather and temperatures for the parks you’ll visit in the winter months:
- Arches National Park weather
- Bryce Canyon National Park weather
- Canyonlands National Park weather
- Capitol Reef National Park weather
- Zion National Park weather
Utah NP Mighty 5 AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
Utah National Parks Activities
Hiking in Utah National Parks is one of the best ways to see the natural beauty of the landscape in these areas. We’ll detail those trails below.
You’ll definitely want to pack your photography gear for hiking to capture things you see as you hike the trails.
We get asked often about the best photography spots at Utah National Parks. This list of activities will include those photo spots at every park!
Activities at Arches National Park
From April through October you’ll need an Arches National Park Time Entry Ticket. Timed entry tickets will be required from 7 am to 4 pm.
You CAN visit Arches without a ticket as long as you enter the park before or after those times, which are the best times of day for Arches National Park photography anyway!
Check out all the Arches National Park activities you can do to explore the natural stone arches, stone pinnacles, rock fins, and large balanced rocks!
- Best Hikes in Arches National Park
- Arches National Park Scenic Drive
- Sunrise at Arches National Park
- Sunset at Arches National Park
- Things to Do Near Arches National Park
Activities at Bryce Canyon National Park
Because Bryce Canyon has a high-elevation climate, weather conditions can be extremely variable throughout spring, fall and winter. There can be temporary road closures due to heavy snowfall or other significant, inclement weather.
Hiking is one of the most unique Bryce Canyon activities where you walk right along hoodoos, windows, arches, bridges, tunnels, waterfalls and more!
- Best Day Hikes at Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon Scenic Drive
- Bryce Canyon Sunrise Photography
- Bryce Canyon to Zion
Activities at Canyonlands National Park
There is no gas, food, or lodging (only campgrounds) at Canyonlands National Park so pack water, food, and proper clothing so you can be self-reliant.
You’ll find different things to do at Canyonlands Island in the Sky vs Needles.
Here’s a list of Canyonlands National Park activities you can do any time of year!
- Canyonlands Hikes
- Island in the Sky Scenic Drive
- Canyonlands sunrise photo spots at Island in the Sky
- Canyonlands sunset photo spots at Island in the Sky
Activities at Capitol Reef National Park
Located in south-central Utah, you’ll see a landscape filled with cliffs, canyons, domes, and bridges. Capitol Reef has unique things to do like picking fresh fruit in the orchards and enjoying homemade treats at the Gifford House
If you love the outdoors, you’ll find a variety of Capitol Reef National Park activities to enjoy year-round!
- Best Day Hikes in Capitol Reef National Park
- Capitol Reef Scenic Drive
- Capitol Reef National Park Photography
- Capitol Reef National Park Camping
Activities at Zion National Park
Zion National Park is the most visited Utah National Park so be prepared for crowds in the spring, summer, fall, and winter between Christmas and New Year’s. During these times, Zion Canyon is only accessible by using the Zion National Park Shuttle.
There are a variety of Zion National Park activities to explore this stunning location!
- Zion National Park Hikes
- Easy Zion National Park Hikes
- Zion Hikes Without the Shuttle
- Zion National Park Scenic Drives
- Things to Do in Zion NP Besides Hiking
- Zion National Park Photography
- Best Photo Spots for Sunrise at Zion National Park
- Things to Do Near Zion National Park
Travel Guides for Utah National Parks
Check out our Utah National Park travel guides that detail the best things to see, do and photograph at all 5 parks!
- Arches National Park Travel Guide
- Bryce Canyon Travel Guide
- Canyonlands National Park Guide
- Capitol Reef National Park Guide
- Zion National Park Travel Guide