It’s all about the weather when deciding the best time of year to plan a vacation. This article details the Bryce Canyon National Park weather you can expect each season and month of the year.
Use this Bryce Canyon travel guide to know the expected temperatures and weather, services available, things to do, what to pack, and where to stay during the year.
Do your research to know what it’s like visiting Bryce Canyon National Park at various times of year so you can decide which season and month is best for you to plan your vacation to this stunning park!
→ Download the free Bryce Canyon Packing List!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
A Photo Tour of Bryce Canyon National Park
Take a visual tour through Bryce Canyon National Park to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
Visiting Bryce Canyon National Park
Most of the year you’ll enjoy fun outdoor things to do at Bryce Canyon National Park like scenic drives, hiking, biking, and horseback riding. During the winter, the activities are a bit more limited due to the cold and snow!
Due to the higher elevation at Bryce Canyon compared to the other Utah National Parks, the weather and temperatures will be different so it’s important to be up-to-date with current weather and road conditions!
Use these resources to plan your trip to Bryce Canyon:
Zion & Bryce Canyon AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
Bryce Canyon National Park Weather
If you’re wondering the best times to visit Bryce Canyon, below you’ll find specific information about what it’s like at different seasons and months of the year to help you decide. You’ll also find links to different articles we’ve written about each season or month specifically: weather, services, and things to do that time of year.
Spring Weather at Bryce Canyon
Due to the elevation, Bryce Canyon in the spring will be cold, and may even be snowy, in early spring which usually means fewer (but steady) crowds.
- Bryce Canyon in March – highs around 45° F and lows around 23° F
- Bryce Canyon in April – highs around 54° F but lows will be about 29° F
- Bryce Canyon in May – highs around 64° F and the lows around 37° F
It is especially important to pack for all types of weather because you never know when the weather will change. It is not unusual to get a heavy snowfall in March or April. We recommend you pack winter clothes when going to Bryce Canyon in March and April.
You’ll enjoy many Bryce Canyon activities during a spring trip to Bryce Canyon.
Summer Weather at Bryce Canyon
At Bryce Canyon National Park in the summer, the temperatures aren’t as hot as the other Utah National Parks which is a welcome relief!
- Bryce Canyon in June: highs around 74° F and lows around 40° F
- Bryce Canyon in July: highs around 79° F and lows around 47° F
- Bryce Canyon in August: highs around 76° F and lows around 45° F
Summer is a great time for Bryce Canyon sunrise photography and stargazing!
Fall Weather at Bryce Canyon
The weather at Bryce Canyon in the fall is cooler, and there are fewer people taking vacations this time of year, making it the perfect time for visiting this park.
- Bryce Canyon in September highs around 69° and lows around 37° F
- Bryce Canyon in October highs around 57° and lows around 29° F
- Bryce Canyon in November highs around mid-40° and lows in the teens
Fall is the perfect time to explore the Bryce Canyon hikes when it’s not too hot and not too cold!
Winter Weather at Bryce Canyon
It will be cold and snowy when visiting Bryce Canyon in the winter, but the crowds are gone and you can truly appreciate this park in all its natural beauty. It is especially gorgeous with the white snow contrasting against the red orange hoodoos.
- Bryce Canyon in December – highs around 26° F and lows around 12° F
- Bryce Canyon in January – highs around 36° F and lows around 11° F
- Bryce Canyon in February – highs around 36° F and lows around 11° F
Don’t let these cooler temperatures deter you from visiting, with the winter clothes and gear you will have an amazing trip to Bryce Canyon in the winter months.
You’ll enjoy fun snow activities like snowshoeing, sledding and cross-country skiing at Bryce Canyon during the winter months.
The park does a great job of plowing the Bryce Canyon roads as well as the parking lots near the viewpoints. Always check the Bryce Canyon website for current conditions.
Don’t discount Bryce Canyon winter camping for something unique to do when visiting!
Check Amazon for: Bryce Canyon Guides and Maps
Plan Your Bryce Canyon Vacation
- Visiting Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon Packing List
- Things to Do at Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon Photo Spots
- Best Time to Visit Bryce Canyon
- Bryce Canyon Tours
Where to Stay Near Bryce Canyon:
- Bryce Canyon Places to Stay
- Bryce Canyon Hotels
- Bryce Canyon National Park Camping
- Bryce Canyon National Park RV Vacation
- Vacation Rentals Near Bryce Canyon
- Best Western Ruby’s Inn – easy access right outside the park
- Best Western Plus – also right outside the park
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!