It’s all about the weather when deciding the best time of year to plan a vacation. This article details the Arches National Park weather you can expect each season and month of the year.
Use this Arches National Park travel guide to know the expected temperatures and weather, services available, things to do, what to pack, and where to stay during the year.
Do your research to know what it’s like visiting Arches National Park at various times of year so you can decide which season and month is best for you to plan your vacation to this stunning park!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Arches National Park Packing List
DOWNLOAD and print the packing checklist for Arches National Park!
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Arches National Park guide books and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
A Photo Tour of Arches National Park
Take a visual tour through Arches National Park to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
Visiting Arches National Park
Most of the year you’ll enjoy fun outdoor things to Do at Arches National Park like scenic drives, hiking, biking, and photography. During the winter, the activities may be a bit more limited due to cold or snowy conditions!
When planning a Utah National Park vacation it’s important to be up-to-date with current weather and road conditions!
Use these resources to plan your Arches vacation:
- Visiting Arches National Park
- Arches National Park with Kids
- Arches National Park Hiking Trails
- Arches National Park Scenic Drive
- Arches National Park Photography
Arches & Canyonlands AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
Arches National Park Weather
If you’re wondering the best time to visit Arches National Parkk, below you’ll find specific information about what it’s like at different seasons and months of the year to help you decide.
You’ll also find links to different articles we’ve written about each season or month specifically: weather, services, and things to do that time of year.
Spring Weather at Arches National Park
Springtime at Arches varies quite a bit from month to month. When visiting Arches National Park in the spring, it’s important to pack for all types of weather because you never know when the weather will change.
- Arches National Park in March: Highs 64 | Lows 35 degrees F
- Arches National Park in April: Highs 71 | Lows 42 degrees F
- Arches National Park in May: Highs 82 | Lows 51 degrees F
It is not unusual to get rain or even snowfall in March. We recommend you watch the weather and pack a winter coat, winter hat, and winter gloves when going to Arches in early spring. A fleece jacket, hat, and gloves should be fine later in the spring.
Spring is a busy time so we recommend you get in the park early to see and photograph sunrise at Arches National Park!
Summer Weather at Arches National Park
When planning your Arches National Park summer vacation expect HOT temperatures! Since the temperatures are brutal this time of year, plan your outdoor activities for the cooler mornings and evenings!
- Arches National Park in June: Highs 93 | Lows 60 degrees F
- Arches National Park in July: Highs 100 | Lows 67 degrees F
- Arches National Park in August: Highs 97 | Lows 66 degrees F
With the hot summer temperatures, you’ll want to protect yourself from the sun by wearing a sun hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. It’s important to stay hydrated and carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack.
Summer is a great time to enjoy the AC as you explore the Arches National Park scenic drive.
Enjoy the cooler evenings by stargazing at Arches in the summer. Arches National Park is a popular location for milky way photography!
Fall Weather at Arches National Park
The weather at Arches National Park in the fall starts to cool down making it a great time to explore the park because it will be cooler in the mornings and evenings, and the daytime temperatures aren’t too hot compared to the summer.
- Arches National Park in September: Highs 85 | Lows 54 degrees F
- Arches National Park in October: Highs 71 | Lows 40 degrees F
- Arches National Park in November: Highs 55 | Lows 30 degrees F
Fall is a nice time to be in the park on a sunny day when the air isn’t stifling! It’s a perfect time to explore the Arches National Park hiking trails! The fall months are still busy so hit the trails in the morning or late afternoon.
Winter Weather at Arches National Park
The temperatures really drop at Arches National Park in the winter so it’s the least busy season. We don’t mind the colder weather for enjoying outdoor activities, which makes the winter the best time for us to visit to escape the crowds!
BUT the cold winter weather may not be for everyone.
- Arches National Park in December: Highs 45 | Lows 23 degrees F
- Arches National Park in January: Highs 44 | Lows 22 degrees F
- Arches National Park in February: Highs 52 | Lows 28 degrees F
During the winter it is especially important to dress in layers. We recommend an insulted winter jacket, fleece jacket, warm hat and gloves if you’ll be doing any outside activities. Here’s the full list of the outdoor winter clothing we use!
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps:
Visiting Arches National Park:
- Arches National Park Travel Guide
- Best Time to Visit Arches National Park
- Things to Do at Arches National Park
- Arches National Park with Kids
- Arches National Park Photography
- Tours Near Moab, Utah
Where to Stay Near Arches National Park:
There are no hotels in Arches so most people stay in the nearby town of Moab. There are all types of lodging in and near Moab from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. You’ll also find vacation rentals, a hostel, campgrounds and RV parks.
- Places to Stay Near Arches National Park
- Hotels Near Arches National Park
- Places to Stay Near Arches National Park with Kids
- Arches National Park Camping
Here are a few of our favorite places to stay near Arches:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location close to Arches.
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab – walking distance to shopping, full kitchen, and only 8 units so you don’t feel lost in a large hotel.
- Red Cliffs Lodge – rooms up to 6 people – located 17 miles from Moab, this lodge is known for its beautiful location, winery and activities like horseback riding, fishing and more!
- Vacation Rentals – we really like rentals with a kitchen, washer and dryer and amenities like a swimming pool and hot tub.