Looking for a must have list of travel photography gear?
You’ve come to the right place!
We get asked often about the camera equipment we use and recommend.
Here’s our list of resources that include travel photography gear, photo techniques to take better pictures, and even fun photography gifts.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
CAMERA EQUIPMENT LIST
If you’re looking for new gear, check out the articles below. We review the best cameras, tripods and accessories, and tell you what we use and recommend.
- Camera Gear Checklist for Travel Photography
- Best Cameras for Beginners
- Best DSLR Cameras for Travel Photography
- 10 Awesome Compact Travel Cameras
BLOGGING AND VLOGGING GEAR LIST
Bloggers and vloggers have specific subjects to photograph and video. Take a look at our reviews that include the camera features, pros and cons and what type of camera is best for your type of blogging or vlogging.
- Top 10 Vlogging Cameras for Beginners
- 10 Best Cameras for Blogging
- Top 10 Budget Vlogging Cameras
- Gift Guide for Vloggers
TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY RESOURCES
Here’s a list of helpful resources for photography to help you improve your skills.
- Travel Photography Basics
- 52 Week Photo Challenge List
- Photo Tips Videos
- Winter Clothing Guide for Travel Photography
- Lightroom: 5 Photo Editing Tips
- Lightroom Tips Videos
- Best Online Beginner Photography Courses
- Benefits of Photography on Mental Health
- Photography Activities & Games
It’s important to understand the concepts to use when composing your photo. Knowing the basics of composition will improve your pictures dramatically!
- BLUE HOUR & GOLDEN HOUR: Using Blue Hour and Golden Hour Photography
- FILL THE FRAME: Fill the Frame Photography Technique
- FRAMING: How to Use Framing in Photography
- HORIZON LINE: Why Horizon Line is Important for Landscape Photography
- LAYERS: Using Foreground, Middleground, Background in Landscape Photography
- LEADING LINES: How to Use Leading Lines in Photography
- PERSPECTIVE: Using Perspective in Photography
- RULE OF THIRDS: Using Rule of Thirds to Take Better Landscape Photos
Take a look at these photo ideas shared by members of our Facebook Group, Your Photography Journey to illustrated these compositional techniques.
Watch the photo tips videos as we discuss each photo and how it uses the concepts.
- BLUE HOUR & GOLDEN HOUR: Blue Hour & Golden Hour Photo Ideas
- FILL THE FRAME: Fill the Frame Photo Ideas
- HORIZON LINE: Horizon Line Photography Ideas
- LAYERS: Foreground, Midground, Background Photography Ideas
- LEADING LINES: Leading Lines Photo Ideas
- PERSPECTIVE: Perspective Photo Ideas
- RULE OF THIRDS: Rule of Thirds Photo Ideas
Use the ‘how to’ photography tutorials to capturing stunning images of nature and the landscape scenes you see as you travel.
- REFLECTIONS: How to Photograph Reflections to Create Stunning Images
- SUNRISE: Sunrise Photography: Tips to Get Beautiful Sunrise Photos | Sunrise Photo Ideas
- SUNSET: Sunset Photography: Tips to Get Amazing Sunset Photos | Sunset Photo Ideas
- WATERFALLS & RIVERS: How to Photography Waterfalls and Rivers
TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY GIFTS
Photography themed gifts are fun for you, or any photographer lover on your list!