If you’re looking for an amazing outdoor experience on your US vacation, consider taking a hike! With some of the most stunning scenery in the world, there are plenty of US hiking ideas to enjoy breathtaking trails around the country.
Whether you’re after a leisurely stroll or an adventurous climb, here’s a list of the best hiking trails in the US for everyone to enjoy!
With some of the most stunning scenery on earth, there are plenty of breathtaking trails that will take you through lush forests, towering mountains, and unique wildlife as you explore this incredible country.
The resources below include hiking guides, packing checklists, hiking tips and more to plan your next outdoor adventure!
Check out this list of hiking trails to explore in all 50 States! There are five hikes listed for each state. Simply click the graphic below to get your free printable list!
This site contains affiliate links which means WE may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. We only provide links to products we actually use and/or wholeheartedly recommend! As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full Disclosure Policy.
What to Pack for a Day Hike
- Hiking shoes – we like Merrell Moab hiking shoes and Oboz hiking shoes
- Hiking socks – we always wear Darn Tough socks – they’re the BEST!
- Lots of Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sunscreen is important in the summer and winter!
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent – bug bites are no fun!
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
US Southwest Hikes
Use the lists below for hiking trails in the Southwest USA. There are day hikes, multi-day hikes, backing trails and more! Each state has amazing trails from easy to strenuous to explore these outdoor destinations.
- Arizona: Top 25 Hikes
- Arizona Winter Day Hikes
- California: Orange County Hikes
- California: Best Day Hikes
- Colorado: Day Hikes Near Denver
- Colorado: Top 10 Hikes
- Nevada: List of Hikes
- New Mexico: 15 Hiking Trails
- New Mexico: Hiking Trails List
- Utah: Dead Horse Point Hikes
- Utah: Lower Calf Creek Falls Hike
- Utah: Moab Hikes
US National Park Hiking Trails
Here’s a list of hikes at US National Parks around the country. One of the best ways to experience a national park is getting away from the road and exploring the trails.
- National Park Hiking Trails
- Day Hikes at US National Parks
- Spring Hikes at US National Parks
- Summer Hikes at US National Parks
- Best Fall Hikes at US National Parks
- Hiking in Utah National Parks
- Arches National Park Hiking Trails
- Bryce Canyon Hikes
- Canyonlands Hikes
- Capitol Reef Hikes
- Grand Teton Day Hikes
- Easy Hikes in Yellowstone National Park
- Zion National Park Hikes
- Zion Hikes Without the Shuttle
US Hiking Trails by Season
There are important things to know about hiking in the US at various times of the year. Use these resources if you’re looking for the best hikes during each season.
- Spring Hiking Ideas in the US
- Summer Hikes in the US
- Fall Hikes in the US
- Best Winter Hiking in the US
Tips and Resources for Hiking
Helpful resources for hiking gear, photography gear, hiking tips, and more. Many of these checklists you can download and print!
- What to Bring on a Day Hike
- Hiking Gear and Tips for Kids
- Hiking with Kids
- Winter Clothing for Outdoor Travel
- Winter Hiking Gear List
- Photography Gear for Hiking
- Best Cameras for Hiking
- Hiking Subscription Boxes
- Hiking Christmas Ornaments