If you’re interested in Arches National park camping, we’ve got all the information you need to know!
Use this Arches National Park travel guide to help you plan your vacation and decide where to camp!
There is only one campground in Arches National Park, and it’s small. Keep reading for all the information about camping at Arches, when to make reservations, campground facilities and more!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Arches National Park Packing List
DOWNLOAD and print the packing checklist for Arches National Park!
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Arches National Park guide books and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
A Photo Tour of Arches National Park
Take a visual tour through Arches National Park to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
What You Need to Know About Arches National Park Camping
Reservations for camping at Arches are required from March 1 to October 31. Between November 1 and February 28, all camping sites at Arches are first-come, first served.
There is one campground at Arches National Park with 51 total camp sites, each one accommodating ten people.
Facilities include: drinking water, picnic tables, grills and both pit-style and flush toilets.
Devils Garden Campground Information
The Devil’s Garden Campground is the only place in the park where you can camp.
It’s awesome to camp in a location surrounded by juniper and pinyon pines, and beautiful slickrock landscape. There are many Arches National Park hiking trails in the area to explore.
Devil’s Garden Facilities
- 53 sites
- Potable water
- Picnic tables
- Pit-style and flush toilets
- Pets are allowed in the campgrounds
The campground does not have the following:
- RV hook-ups
- Dump station
- Shower facilities
Devils Garden Campground Accessibility
- Two ADA accessible campsites with one site as a first-come, first-served for people with disabilities only. The other is available for reservation March-October, up to six months in advance. In winter all sites are first-come, first-served.
- The accessible sites are paved for wheelchair ease of use. The tent pad is dirt, but the rest of the area surrounding the picnic table, grill, and fire ring is paved.
- Accessible bathroom two sites from the ADA accessible campsite via a paved road.
- The campground road has slopes, speed bumps, and drainage ditches that may make travel by wheelchair difficult.
RV & Trailer Information
- Sites range in length from 20 to 40 feet.
- RV Allowed – Yes
- RV Max Length in Feet – 40
- Trailer Allowed – Yes
- Classification – This campground is a limited development campground.
Camping Near Arches National Park
One campground may not be enough for every camper that wants to visit Arches National Park, especially during the busy months. There are many other camping options near Arches National Park.
The following list of campgrounds are private or commercially owned with modern conveniences like running water, showers, RV hook-ups, and more.
Archview RV Resort
Located less than 10 minutes north of Arches National Park, on Highway 191, Archview RV Resort & Campground is open from March to October. It is one of the best in Utah’s red rock country.
- 77 RV sites
- Dump station
- Tent camping welcome
- Cabin rentals
Moab Valley RV Resort and Campground
Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground is a campsite that only takes a five-minute ride to reach. You will enjoy lounging, meditating, and swinging while enjoying the incomparable views.
- 62 RV sites
- Dump station
- Cabin rentals
Portal RV Resort
Portal RV Resort is a full-service luxury RV Resort offering the largest RV sites in Moab. After a day at the National Parks, enjoy the breathtaking panoramic 360 degree views of the Utah Canyonlands and the LaSal Mountains from your RV site.
- 82 RV sites
- Dump station
- Swimming pool
BLM Campgrounds Near Arches National Park
Moab, Utah is a place with spectacular scenery, bizarre land formations, canyons, slick rock, and rivers. BLM campgrounds and recreation sites surround the area.
The Bureau of Land Management operates these campgrounds. The only offer limited services, but the good thing about staying here is the liberating feeling of not having to fight for a spot.
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps:
Visiting Arches National Park:
- Arches National Park Travel Guide
- Best Time to Visit Arches National Park
- Things to Do at Arches National Park
- Arches National Park with Kids
- Arches National Park Photography
- Tours Near Moab, Utah
Where to Stay Near Arches National Park:
There are no hotels in Arches so most people stay in the nearby town of Moab. There are all types of lodging in and near Moab from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. You’ll also find vacation rentals, a hostel, campgrounds and RV parks.
- Places to Stay Near Arches National Park
- Hotels Near Arches National Park
- Places to Stay Near Arches National Park with Kids
- Arches National Park Camping
Here are a few of our favorite places to stay near Arches:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location close to Arches.
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab – walking distance to shopping, full kitchen, and only 8 units so you don’t feel lost in a large hotel.
- Red Cliffs Lodge – rooms up to 6 people – located 17 miles from Moab, this lodge is known for its beautiful location, winery and activities like horseback riding, fishing and more!
- Vacation Rentals – we really like rentals with a kitchen, washer and dryer and amenities like a swimming pool and hot tub.