15 Travel Journals for Kids + Free Printable
Here’s a list of travel journals for kids to help them get excited for and document the family vacation in fun and creative ways!
Travel journals and keepsakes are terrific ways for kids to prepare for an upcoming vacation as well as keep memories of the adventure alive after returning home.
This list of travel journals for kids includes books with ready-made prompts to fill in the dates, location, and list of things they did. There are also some journals with fun puzzles and activities in addition to writing down the vacation details.
Check out this free printable travel journal for kids! You can get the free download below!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Travel Journals, Activities and Toys for Kids
Here’s a list of resources for family travel to help keep the kids entertained on road trips, airplane, or other types of travel.
- Road Trip journals
- Road Trip activity pack
- National Park journals
- National Park activity books for kids
- National Park activity pack
- Road trip toys for babies
- Road trip toys for toddlers
- Travel toys for younger kids
Travel Journals for Kids
Here's a list of journals for kids to document the family vacation in fun and creative ways!
The Ultimate Travel Journal For Kids
- Tons of games and activities―These travel activities for kids banish boredom during long rides or waits with word finds, scavenger hunts, crosswords, and more!
- Guided travel writing prompts―Young adventurers can write down everything they see, taste, hear and more with prompts to guide observations.
Kids' Travel Journal
- 6-1/4'' wide x 8-1/4'' high
- 96 pages
- Includes pre-trip planning pages, daily entry pages, games, puzzles, memory and photo pages, maps, fun facts, and more!
Travel Journal For Kids: And So The Adventure Begins
Including space for.....
- The date & day.
- Tracking the weather.
- Tracking mood.
- A space to doodle or write about the days best bit.
- A space to track a great memory.
- A space to write an interesting fact of the day.
- A space to list 3 things they've learnt that day.
- A second free space page, with space to both write and draw, or stick!
- Over 100 pages, with space to write, doodle, stick, draw and journal.
My Travel Journal by Lonely Planet Kids
There's space to write, draw, collage, color and complete - turning the finished journal into a wonderful scrapbook to treasure forever. With fun illustrations, a super-bright neon cover and a handy, backpack sized format, it's a must-have item for any trip.
Travel Journal Kids Diary
• Kids are prompted to log the weather, activity, what they saw, ate, who they met, what they learned and what they are grateful for.
• After recording entries for the day, there is the option to draw or sketch any interesting sites they would like with included storyboard pages
Here I Go!: A Kid's Travel Journal
- Guided journal prompts: Young travelers will record not only what they see and do, but also write about how they feel about their experiences while traveling—all the while crafting a unique keepsake to remember their awesome trips!
- Travel activities: Scavenger hunts, coloring pages, doodling prompts and more encourage creativity and keep kids engaged during long drives, plane rides, and other down time during their travels.
- Souvenir space: Make this journal the ultimate memory book by pasting in ticket stubs, postcards, photos, and more!
Go! A Kids' Interactive Travel Diary and Journal
Includes thought-starters so kids can capture important stuff, like cool things they spot, new things they try and people they meet. There are also adventure badges to earn, stickers, places to keep photos and other treasures, and postcards to send.
My Awesome Adventures: Travel Journal for Kids
- Write your destination
- Keep track of people and places you saw along the way
- Write down what you did and where
- Paste or draw pictures, maps, or fun new words you learned
- Keep track of the weather during your vacation
- Hold all your favorite memories in one convenient place that you can personalize
Kids Travel Journal, Vacation Diary
Journal pages include personal information, map of the world, a few simple questions to capture the big and small things that happened each day with plenty of space for daily doodles.
Travel Journal for Kids with Coloring Activities
Keep Your Child Busy While Traveling:
- 8.5 x 8.5 inch pages
- One Sided Pages
- Family Friendly Journal Pages
- Space for Doodling, Drawing and Fun
Kid's Trip Diary
And So The Adventure Begins: Kids Notebook
- 100+ pages of alternating blank and ruled pages for ultimate creative space
- Large 8.5” x 11” size with thick white paper
Most Awesome Travel Journal for Kids
★ Writing & Drawing Prompts - To record all the special moments of the trip
★ Puzzles and Games - Including word searches, mazes, I-Spy and the Alphabet game - great for banishing boredom while traveling
★ Guided Trip reviews - To summarize the highlights of the trip, learnings and to rate the trip overall
★ Sketch pages - For young adventurers to capture their travel memories through artistic expression
50 States Travel Journal for Kids: Let the Adventure Begin
2 pages per state : plenty room to write and draw a picture. blank space for a little info about each state, US territories, big map for you and kids color in where they've been.
Kids Travel Journal, 12 pack
- Our travel journal notebooks set of 12 is perfect for taking notes, journaling, drawing, brainstorming ideas, creative writing, and doodling.
- 80 Lined Pages: Each kraft paper journal measures 4 x 5.75 inches and has 80 lined pages of white offset paper; the tightly sewn binding allows the A6 journal to lay flat on most writing surfaces
DOWNLOAD THE FREE Travel Journal for Kids Printable!