One of the best kept secret locations in Utah is Capitol Reef National Park!
This unique park offers a varied landscape of arches, slot canyons, and stone monoliths.
Capitol Reef National Park is an amazing place to see by car along the scenic drive and explore on foot on the many hiking trails.
Plus you can’t beat the pioneer history, fruit orchard, homemade treats and wildlife you’ll find in the Fruita area!
We have created a list of Capitol Reef National Park vacation ideas that include travel guides, packing checklists, tips and resources to plan your getaway!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
GEAR FOR CAPITOL REEF HIKES
DOWNLOAD our US National Park checklists to make it easy to pack what you need for your next trip!
1. US National Parks Pass: You can order passes online or get them at any of these Federal Recreation Areas.
→ BUY THE PASS AT REI and they will donate 10% of sales to the National Park Foundation.
2. Hiking Shoes: → Check out our FAVORITE hiking shoes/boots!
3. Hiking Socks: → Check out the BEST SOCKS EVER!
4. Clothing for Hiking (Layers)
- WATER: → We carry water bottles or hydration backpacks
- FOOD: → Check out our favorite healthy snacks
- Flashlight: → Check out the headlamps we like
- National Park maps
- Lip protection with sunscreen
- Polarized sunglasses
- Insect repellant
- Hand lotion
- Female urination device
- Toilet paper (carry out in a bag – do not bury)
- Hand sanitizer
- First aid kit
- Bags to pack out trash