Take a look at this list of Capitol Reef National Park vacation ideas to help you plan the most amazing trip!
This Capitol Reef National Park guide includes resources you need to plan your vacation: things to do, what to pack, where to stay, and more!
When you explore Capitol Reef you’ll find hiking, off-road driving, photography and picking fruit in the orchards!
We share travel guides, hiking guides, scenic drive guides, camping guides, and more to help you plan a fantastic Capitol Reef vacation!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Capitol Reef National Park Packing List
→ DOWNLOAD: Capitol Reef National park packing lists
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Capitol Reef travel guides and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
A Photo Tour of Capitol Reef National Park
Take a visual tour through Capitol Reef National Park to see the stunning landscape and wildlife you’ll find in the park!
Places to Stay Near Capitol Reef
Complete guide: Places to Stay at Capitol Reef National Park
- Capitol Reef Resort – this is where we stay! Make it a unique experience and stay in a teepee or covered wagon!
- Austin’s Chuckwagon Motel – basic rooms and cabins with a deli and store right on the property which is so convenient!
- VRBO Vacation Rentals – we like finding a place with a kitchen so we can prepare our own food.
- RV Share Rentals – enjoy the convenience of having an RV delivered to you at Capitol Reef!
Best Time To Visit Capitol Reef National Park
Timing is everything when planning a trip to Capitol Reef. Determining the best time to visit Capitol Reef National Park depends on the activities you want to do, and the weather you want to enjoy. These articles detail the weather, services available, and things to do during each season at Capitol Reef:
- Capitol Reef National Park in the Spring
- Capitol Reef National Park in the Summer
- Capitol Reef National Park in the Fall
- Capitol Reef National Park in the Winter
Capitol Reef AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
We’ve teamed up with other travelers to share this list of travel guides, hiking guides, scenic drive guides, camping guides, and more to help you plan a fantastic Capitol Reef vacation!
SHOP AMAZON: Capitol Reef Travel Guides and Maps: