Looking for Grand Teton National Park vacation ideas? We’re here to help!
Grand Teton (and Yellowstone) are favorite national parks and we go every chance we get. We only live a few hours away and consider ourselves locals.
Check out our general travel guide to help you start planning your Grand Teton vacation.
Use our list below to learn more about the hiking trails, scenic drives, photography spots and other things to do at the park.
And it’s always helpful to know the best time to visit Grand Teton National Park. We share tips for visiting in each season and the various months of the year.
Have fun planning your amazing trip to Grand Teton (and Yellowstone)!
Travel Guides to Plan Your Trip
Read our extensive guide with information, resources and secret tips to assist you in planning the perfect Grand Teton National Park vacation. And if you’ll be adding a trip to Yellowstone, we’ve got a handy 4-day itinerary and planner for you to use!
When Is the Best Time to Visit Grand Teton
There are important things to know about visiting the park during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the road conditions and closures. And there are times of the year when park services are closed. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
- Best Time to Visit Grand Teton
- Grand Teton in the Spring
- Summer Activities at Grand Teton
- Things to Do at Grand Teton in the Summer
- Grand Teton in the Fall
Attractions and Things to Do
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at Grand Teton. You can plan your own itinerary to see the attractions in the park, or you can find a fun tour to explore the points of interest.
- Grand Teton Photography Spots
- Grand Teton Tours
- Grand Teton Float Tours
- Grand Teton River Rafting
- Yellowstone Tours from Jackson
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Here’s a list of good resources for what to pack for your trip. Use the packing checklist no matter what time of the year you visit. And learn all about why you need the National Park annual pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- National Park Packing Lists for Summer and Winter
- Is the US National Park Pass a Good Deal?
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Ornaments
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Where to Stay in Jackson near Grand Teton:
There are a variety of lodging options in Grand Teton as well as Jackson. Here are the 3 favorite places we recommend:
- Elk Refuge Inn – this is right across from the refuge and the closes hotel to the park entrance – our favorite place to stay!
- Elk Country Inn – awesome property if you want to be in town.
- Vacation Rentals – we LOVE having a kitchen to prepare our meals!
- Hotels in Jackson Hole
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!