The best time to visit Grand Teton National Park depends on the type of activities you want to do.
Check out our Grand Teton National Park guide and use the list below to learn more about what it’s like to visit during various seasons and months of the year to help you plan your vacation.
There are a ton of things you can do at Grand Teton, but certain times of the year are more ideal for traveling there than others.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Grand Teton National Park Packing List
DOWNLOAD: Grand Teton Packing Checklist
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- US National Park travel guides and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
A Photo Tour of Grand Teton National Park
Take a visual tour through Grand Teton National Park to see the stunning landscape and wildlife you’ll find in the park!
The Best Time to Visit Grand Teton National Park
There are important things to know about visiting Grand Teton National Park during each season. Check out these lists of the things to do, and what to expect, at Grand Teton during the spring, summer, fall and winter and each month of the year!
Visiting Grand Teton by Season
- Grand Teton National Park in the Spring
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park in Summer
- Summer Activities at Grand Teton
- Things to Do at Teton Village in the Summer
- Grand Teton in the Fall
- Grand Teton National Park in the Winter
Visiting Grand Teton by Month
- Grand Teton National Park in January
- Grand Teton in February
- Grand Teton National Park in March
- Grand Teton National Park in April
- Grand Teton National Park in May
- Grand Teton National Park in June
- Grand Teton in July
- Grand Teton National Park in August
- Grand Teton National Park in September
- Grand Teton in October
- Grand Teton in November
- Grand Teton in December
Grand Teton Weather by Season
The Grand Teton National Park weather is dramatically different from season to season.
SPRING – falls between March and June, with temperatures ranging from 22 to 49 degrees Fahrenheit in April. Expect to see snow and rain during this time, and the snow won’t really melt until the end of May or the beginning of June.
SUMMER – the season for summer activities at Grand Teton is from June through August. The average daily temperature is a perfect 77 degrees with the lows around 30 at night. Even in summer, the higher you go in elevation, there still can be snow on the ground. There are also many afternoon thunderstorms as this is the season when the Grand Tetons experience the most rainfall.
FALL – is considered the months of September through November, with temperatures ranging between 23 to 54 degrees. There is also occasional rain and snow during this time.
WINTER – doesn’t officially start until Dec. 21, but the first snowfall can come as early as Nov. 1. From December through February, the temperatures range from 2 to 28 degrees Fahrenheit, and there can be up to 14 feet of snowfall!
Be sure to wear winter clothing for all outdoor activities at the Tetons.
Plan a Grand Teton Vacation
- Grand Teton National Park Guide
- Things to do in Grand Teton National Park any time of year
- Best Time to Visit Grand Teton National Park
- Photograph Grand Teton National Park
- Grand Teton TOURS
Where to Stay in Jackson near Grand Teton:
- Elk Refuge Inn – this is right across from the refuge and the closes hotel to the park entrance – our favorite place to stay!
- Elk Country Inn – awesome property if you want to be in town.
- Vacation Rentals near Grand Teton – we LOVE having a kitchen to prepare our meals!
- Hotels in Jackson Hole
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!