Looking for Zion National Park vacation ideas? We’ve got a TON of information to share to help you plan your trip!
Use our Zion National Park travel guide and the resources below that include everything you need to know: what to pack, where to stay, best time to visit, things to do on your trip and more!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Zion National Park Vacation Ideas
If you’re planning a trip to Zion, keep reading for tips and resources: what to pack, where to stay, services available, things to do and more!
National Park Packing List
When you are visiting US National Parks it is important to be prepared. This includes wearing the proper clothes and shoes to be comfortable for the climate and the terrain.
→ CHECK OUT: National park packing lists for spring, summer, fall and winter!
- Hiking shoes – we like Merrell Moab and Oboz hiking shoes
- Hiking socks – we always wear Darn Tough socks to keep our feet happy!
- Fleece jackets – Columbia fleece jackets are our favorite and LAST for years!!
- Lots of Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Food – healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Lip Balm – get lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen and sun hat
- Hand sanitizer – travel hand sanitizer when you can’t wash your hands thoroughly!
- Flashlight or headlamp – a headlamp is perfect for those morning or evening hikes
- Maps of the park – national park maps are essential if you’ll do any hiking
- Guide book for the park – national park guide books are a wonderful resource to keep with you!
- Sunglasses – UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- First aid kit – carry a first aid kit in your car and in your backpack when hiking
- Insect repellent – bug bites are no fun!
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
Where to Stay Near Zion National Park
We’ve put together some lists to help you determine where to stay or camp near Zion:
- Places to Stay at Zion National Park (lodges, campgrounds and more!)
- Camping in Zion National Park
- RV parks near Zion National Park
- Where to Stay Near Bryce Canyon and Zion
- Camping Near ZNP and Bryce Canyon
If you’re not staying in Zion, you definitely want to stay in Springdale which borders the entrance to the park. Here are a few of our favorite places to stay close to Zion:
- Holiday Inn Express – our favorite place to stay with an outdoor pool and amenities you’d find in a high end hotel
- Zion Lodge – we haven’t had a chance to stay here yet, but you can’t go wrong staying right IN the park!
- Under Canvas Zion – if you want to experience a less crowded part of Zion, this is the place! It’s in the Kolob section of the park.
- VRBO Rentals in Springdale – you’ll want to stay in Springdale so you’re close to the park entrance and can walk to shopping and restaurants.
BUY AT AMAZON: Zion National Park Guides and Maps