We get asked often where to stay near Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
Use our Bryce Canyon travel guide and the list of accommodations below to plan your trip.
There are all types of lodging options in the two parks and in the towns near Bryce Canyon and Zion. Keep reading to find a place to stay that best meets your travel needs.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
WHERE TO STAY NEAR BRYCE CANYON AND ZION
The distance between Bryce Canyon and Zion is 72.4 miles. The drive takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
There are really three options to choose for your trip to visit both Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks:
- Stay in either of the parks and “commute” to see the other park.
- Stay in one park then travel and stay in the other park.
- Stay in one of the towns between the two parks.
You’ll need to decide what’s best based on the Utah National Park road trip itinerary you’ve created.
Below we’ll list options for staying at Bryce Canyon, Zion and the towns located between the two parks.
Where to Stay Near Bryce Canyon
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon
The Lodge at Bryce Canyon is the only hotel-type accommodate inside of the National Park. You can book a sunrise or sunset lodge room, studio rooms, a guest suite, or cabin. Staying at the Lodge is truly a rustic experience. There are no TV’s, air conditioning or Wi-Fi, making it the perfect location for those who want to unplug, unwind, and experience the serenity of Bryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon National Park Camping
Bryce Canyon has two popular campgrounds: the North and Sunset campgrounds. You’ll find tent and RV camping at both campgrounds. North Campground requires reservations through Recreation.gov from May 27 to October 1. From October 2 to May 26 all sites are first-come, first-served. Sunset Campground is open April 15 to October 31 with all sites being first-come, first-served.
Primitive and backcountry camping is also available for those who prefer even more solitude.
- Bryce Canyon National Park camping
- Bryce Canyon winter camping
- Bryce Canyon National Park RV vacation
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!
Best Western Plus Ruby’s Inn
The Best Western Plus Ruby’s Inn is located just 1-mile from the National Park. It’s a popular Bryce Canyon hotel so you’ll want to book well in advance. Rooms include TV’s, private bathrooms, AC, and free WiFi. Pets are allowed on request, charges may apply. Other amenities include a fitness center, indoor pool open all year, jacuzzi, convenience store and restaurant. Free continental breakfast is included.
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand is considered one of the more luxury options for this area. It’s also only 1 mile from the park. Other amenities include a fitness center, indoor pool open all year, jacuzzi, convenience store and restaurant. Free continental breakfast is included.
Bryce Canyon Log Cabins
If you’re looking for a log cabin experience, the Bryce Country Cabins are known for their comfortable beds and spectacular views. Located in Tropic about 15-minutes from Bryce Canyon, the rustic cabins come standard with air-conditioning, outdoor furniture, a TV with cable channels, a microwave, a refrigerator (some have a full kitchen or kitchenette), a private bathroom with a bath or shower and free WiFi.
More Lodging Options Near Bryce Canyon
- Bryce Canyon Places to Stay
- Bryce Canyon Hotels
- Tropic Utah Lodging
- Panguitch Utah Hotels
- VRBO Vacation Rentals near Bryce Canyon
Plan Your Bryce Canyon Vacation
- Things to Do at Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon Photography Guide
- Best Time to Visit Bryce Canyon
- Bryce Canyon Tours
Check Amazon for: Bryce Canyon Guides and Maps
Where to Stay Near Zion National Park
The Zion Lodge is located three miles north along the Zion Canyon scenic drive. It has motel rooms, cabins, and suites as well as a gift shop and post office. However, rooms do fill up quickly so reservations are highly recommended.
Zion Camping and Campgrounds
Zion has three campgrounds for tent and RV use. Watchman Campground is located in Zion Canyon and open year-round. South Campground is closed in the winter. Lava Point Campground is located in the Kolob Terrace area of the park about 1 hour away and it’s also closed in the winter. Reservations at Watchman Campground are recommended to guarantee a spot www.recreation.gov!
Hotels in Springdale Near Zion
The town of Springdale, Utah borders the park. You can park at the hotel for free and take the free shuttles around town. During the busy season it may be hard to find parking in the town, and you have to pay for that parking. Here’s a list of places we like to stay in Springdale:
- Holiday Inn Express Springdale – Zion National Park Area – One of our favorite places to stay – clean and comfortable!
- Quality Inn Springdale at Zion Park
- Best Western Plus Zion Canyon Inn & Suites
- La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park/Springdale
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Springdale Zion National Park
- Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale/Zion National Park – Another favorite hotel that we recommend!
- Driftwood Lodge – Zion National Park – Springdale
More Lodging Options Near Zion
- Vacation Rentals in Springdale
- Under Canvas Zion – glamping in luxury tents!!
- Zion River Resort
- Willow Wind RV Park
- Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
- BLM Camping Near Zion – south of Highway 9
- BLM Camping Near Zion – north of Highway 9
Plan Your Vacation To Zion National Park
- Zion National Park Travel Guide
- Best Time to Visit Zion National Park
- Things to do at Zion National Park
- Zion National Park Tours
Zion National Park Guides and Maps at Amazon
Where to Stay BETWEEN Bryce Canyon and Zion
There are a few small towns between the two parks: Mount Carmel (near the East Entrance to Zion National Park), Orderville, Glendale and Hatch. You’ll find hotels, cabins, vacation rentals, RV parks and campgrounds: