You’ll only find camping inside the park at Canyonlands. Here’s a list of hotels near Canyonlands National Park if you prefer other lodging options.
The accommodations near Canyonlands range from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. Use this Canyonlands National Park guide to know where to stay when planning your trip!
This list includes hotels in Moab when visiting Canyonlands Island in the Sky and hotels in Monticello when visiting Canyonlands Needles.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Canyonlands Packing Lists
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
A Photo Tour of Canyonlands National Park
Take a visual tour through Canyonlands National Park (and Dead Horse Point) to see the stunning landscape in the parks!
Hotels Near Canyonlands National Park: Island in the Sky
There are all types of Canyonlands National Parking lodging options. Check out this resource of where to stay near Canyonlands.
Below we’ll list hotel options in Moab and Monticello, Utah. Remember there’s a difference between Canyonlands Island in the Sky vs Needles.
Moab Hotels Close to Island in the Sky
When visiting Canyonlands National Park Island in the Sky, the closest town will be Moab, Utah. These hotels are on the north side of the town providing the fastest access to Canyonlands.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moab
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Moab
- Hoodoo Moab, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Aarchway Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab
Moab Hotels Near Restaurants and Shopping
If you want to be in walking distance of restaurants and shopping, then we recommend these hotels in town, just a few minutes’ drive from the hotels listed above.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab
- Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
- Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn
- Kokopelli Lodgings
- Hotel Moab Downtown
- Gonzo Inn
- Purple Sage
- Moab Flats
Resorts Near Canyonlands Island in the Sky
Check out this list of more high-end lodging options in Moab.
- Sage Creek at Moab – Luxury condos
- The Moab Resort – Luxury condos
- Red Cliffs Lodge – stay on the banks of the Colorado River that features a horse corral, Western film museum and Castle Creek Winery
Vacation Rentals Near Canyonlands Island in the Sky
There are a variety of vacation rentals in Moab, Utah. You’ll find many close to downtown, which is nice so you can walk to shopping and restaurants.
We like the condos, with attached garage, located just south of Moab to get away from the crowds. Most are just a short 5 minute drive so they’re not “that” far!
Budget-Friendly Hotels and Cabins Near Island in the Sky
The best prices for hotels is during the off-season at Moab in the winter. We found some budget hotels and cabins that include a free breakfast or kitchenette – or at least a small fridge and microwave. It’s amazing the cheap meals you can make with only a microwave! Eating meals in is one of the best budget tips for travel.
- Archview RV Resort & Campground – cabins with kitchenette
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground – cabins with kitchenette
- Motel 6 – free breakfast
- Super 8 by Wyndham – free breakfast
- Moab Gateway Inn – free breakfast
- River Canyon Lodge – some with kitchenettes
- Moab Red Stone Inn – kitchenette
- Silver Sage Inn – fridge and microwave
- Lazy Lizard Hostel – kitchen
- Moab Rim Campark – cabins with kitchenette
TIP: Check to see if bedding and towels are provided at the cabins at these campgrounds. The cost savings may not be worth the hassle, or you may not have the room, to pack sheets or sleeping bags and towels. We’ve stayed in cabins at Archview and Moab Rim Campark, but we live fairly close to Moab so it wasn’t inconvenient to pack sheets and towels.
Hotels Near Canyonlands National Park: Needles
From Moab, the distance to Needles Canyonlands is about 75 miles, or 1 1/2 hours driving. Many people opt to stay in Moab when visiting Needles because there are more lodging, food, and shopping options.
If you want to stay closer to Canyonlands Needles, then we recommend the small town of Monticello, Utah:
Arches & Canyonlands AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
Camping at Canyonlands National Park
If you’re interested in camping at Canyonlands, check out these articles:
In Moab you’ll also find RV resorts, campgrounds and primitive camping on public lands close to Island in the Sky:
Best RV Resorts and Campgrounds
- Archview RV Resort & Campground
- Under Canvas Moab
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
- Slickrock Campground
Camping Near Island in the Sky
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps:
Plan Your Canyonlands Vacation
- Canyonlands National Park Guide
- Canyonlands Packing List
- Best Time to Visit Canyonlands National Park
- Canyonlands National Park Island in the Sky
- Needles Canyonlands
- TOURS Near Canyonlands