One of the first questions to ask when planning a trip is where to stay near Canyonlands National Park.
Use our Canyonlands National Park guide in addition to the information below to plan your vacation.
There are no hotels in Canyonlands National Park, but there are campgrounds at both Island in the Sky and Needles.
Keep reading to see our list of accommodations near Canyonlands from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. You’ll also find information about campgrounds and RV parks.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
WHERE TO STAY NEAR CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK
There are no lodges or hotels in Canyonlands. Most people stay in Moab that is close to Canyonlands National Park Island in the Sky.
Hotels Near Canyonlands Island in the Sky
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moab – our friend’s pick for families
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Moab
- Aarchway Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location
If you want to experience the vibe of Moab, then stay close to the city center. You’ll be within walking distance of yummy places to eat and fun places to shop.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab
- Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
- Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn
- Kokopelli Lodgings – we enjoyed the Kokopelli Lodge that’s right in town
- Hotel Moab Downtown
- Gonzo Inn
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab
- Moab Flats – we haven’t stayed here, but it’s just a bit down the street from Purple Sage and it would be our second choice
TIP: If you’re planning to visit Canyonlands National Park in the summer, we suggest you visit the national park in the morning and evening to avoid the crowds and heat. Spend time in the swimming pool at your hotel during the warmest hours of the day.
Hotels Near Canyonlands Needles
You can visit Needles Canyonlands and stay in Moab, and most people do that. The town of Monticello is a bit closer to Needles, but the lodging, food and shopping options aren’t as good. It’s a much smaller town than Moab.
Budget-friendly Hotels and Cabins Near Canyonlands
The best prices for accommodation in Moab will be during the off-season winter months. If you’ll be visiting during the busy season, you can still find budget lodging options in Moab.
Our criteria for these budget hotels and cabins: free breakfast or kitchenette – or at least a small fridge and microwave.
TIP: It’s amazing the cheap meals you can make with only a microwave! Eating meals in is one of the best budget tips for travel.
- Archview RV Resort & Campground – cabins with kitchenette
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground – cabins with kitchenette
- Motel 6 – free breakfast
- Super 8 by Wyndham – free breakfast
- Moab Gateway Inn – free breakfast
- River Canyon Lodge – some with kitchenettes
- Moab Red Stone Inn – kitchenette
- Silver Sage Inn – fridge and microwave
- Lazy Lizard Hostel – kitchen
- Moab Rim Campark – cabins with kitchenette
TIP: Check to see if bedding and towels are provided at the cabins at these campgrounds. The cost savings may not be worth the hassle, or you may not have the room, to pack sheets or sleeping bags and towels. We’ve stayed in cabins at Archview and Moab Rim Campark, but we live fairly close to Moab so it wasn’t inconvenient to pack sheets and towels.
Vacation Rentals Near Canyonlands
CAMPGROUNDS AND CAMPING NEAR CANYONLANDS
Island in the Sky Campgrounds – Willow Flat Campground is open year round. It’s first-come, first-served near the Green River overlook. There are 12 sites with picnic tables and fire rings. Please Note: There is no water at this campground.
Needles Canyonlands Camping – There are no services at Canyonlands Needles. The nearest place to get food, firewood, and supplies is Monticello, Utah, approximately 60 minutes’ drive from The Needles. (IF the Needles Outpost is open, you MAY find a few supplies, but don’t count on it!) There is seasonal potable water. Camp sites have toilets, fire rings, picnic tables, and trash cans.
Dead Horse Point Camping – Kayenta Campground at Dead Horse Point State Park offers 21 sites with lighted shade structures, picnic tables, fire rings, and tent pads. All sites also have RV electrical hookups, and modern restroom facilities are available. There are also 3 yurts available at Dead Horse Point. Each one offers sleeping space for up to six people, an outdoor propane grill, and comfortable seating indoors and out. Heat, air conditioning, and electrical outlets are also available.
Camping along Highway 313 – Lone Mesa, Horsethief and Cowboy Camp are first-come, first-served and may accommodate tents, trailer, and RV’s. READ the BLM guidelines for camping.
RV Resorts Near Canyonlands Island in the Sky
- Archview RV Resort & Campground – terrific location close to the park and not far from Moab
- Under Canvas Moab
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps:
Plan Your Canyonlands Vacation
- Canyonlands National Park Guide
- Best Time to Visit Canyonlands National Park
- Canyonlands National Park Island in the Sky
- Needles Canyonlands
- Where to stay near Canyonlands
- Island in the Sky Campgrounds
- Needles Canyonlands Camping
- TOURS Near Canyonlands
Canyonlands National Park Packing List
→ DOWNLOAD: Canyonlands Packing List
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes OR Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Columbia fleece jackets are our favorite and LAST for years!!
- Lots of Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen and sun hat
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp – perfect for those morning or evening hikes
- Canyonlands guide books and maps
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- First aid kit in your car and in your backpack when hiking
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!