Planning a road trip can be an exciting yet daunting task. We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of road trip supplies to help you pack for your next adventure!
The fun part of planning is looking at road trip ideas then deciding where to go. But the important part of a successful road trip is knowing what to pack and what to leave behind!
You want to make sure you have everything you need to ensure your journey is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. To help, here’s a comprehensive checklist of all the essential supplies you’ll need for your next road trip adventure!
From snacks and entertainment options to camping gear and safety items, this list has it all covered so that nothing gets left behind on your epic voyage.
Grab the free planner and road trip packing list by clicking the graphic below!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Lists of Road Trip Supplies
We’ve created this ultimate resource to help you know what to pack for a road trip:
Road Trip Accessories
These lists of road trip accessories provide comfort, safety, and organization while driving to your destination. If you’ll be doing a family road trip, check out the lists specifically for driving with kids!
- Road Trip Accessories
- Road Trip Car Organization
- Family Road Trip Items to Pack
- Family Road Trip Accessories
- Road Trip Accessories for Kids
- Holiday Road Trips with Kids
- Road Trip Coolers
- Road Trip Gift Ideas
Road Trip Toys and Games
Be prepared with travel toys and games to reduce the number of times your children say “Are we there yet?” Size matters when it comes to road trip toys. When choosing toys to pack, consider how much space they will take up versus how much time your kids will spend playing with them.
- Road Trip Journals
- Road Trip Activity Pack
- Road Trip Toys for Babies
- Road Trip Toys for Toddlers
- Travel Toys for Younger Kids
- Road Trip Games for Older Kids
- Travel Printable Games
Road Trip Snacks and Food
You’ll find a good mix of road trip snacks and food for travel. We like to focus on the the healthy road trip snacks that include a well-balanced mix of protein and good-for-you fats, not those that add extra sugar, sodium and empty calories to your diet.
Road Trip Snacks and Food
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks
- Healthy Road Trip Food
- Low-Calorie Road Trip Snacks
- Portable Road Trip Snack Recipes
- Healthy Portable Road Trip Snack Recipes
- Homemade Road Trip Snacks
- Healthy Homemade Road Trip Snacks
- Road Trip Snacks for Adults
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks for Adults
- Road Trip Snacks for Kids
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks for Kids
- Gluten Free Road Trip Snacks
- Healthy Gluten Free Road Trip Snacks
- Make Ahead Freezer Friendly Breakfasts for Road Trip Travel
- Healthy Road Trip Make Ahead Freezer Friendly Breakfasts
Find Healthy Snack Ideas