If you’re looking for fun summer vacation ideas in the US, you’ve come to the right place!
Use our resources to help you find…
→ US summer vacation destinations to add to your bucket list.
→ Tips to know what it’s like to take a trip during the summer months.
→ List of things to do on a trip in the summer.
→ What to pack for a summer vacation.
Use our resources with tips, attractions, recommended activities and a packing checklist to help you plan a fabulous trip this summer.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
USA Summer Vacation Ideas
Summer is the most popular time to travel! Here’s a list US destinations that are awesome to visit this time of year.
- Visit US National Parks in the Summer
- Utah National Parks in the Summer
- Arches National Park in the Summer
- Zion National Park in the Summer
- Yellowstone Summer Vacation
Places to Visit by Month in the Summer
There are important things to know about visiting US national parks in June, July and August. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific month so you know in advance what to expect.
Travel Planning Guides
Use our planning guides, itineraries and travel planners to create the most amazing vacation during this time of year!
- Yellowstone Vacation Planning Guide
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone National Park Travel Planner
- 3 Day Arches & Canyonlands Itinerary and Photography Guide
- Guide to Arches Photography & Things to Do
- Arches National Park Planner
Travel Tips and Resources
Tips and resources for what to pack, what to wear and other helpful information for taking a trip in the summer.
- National Park Packing Lists
- Family Road Trip Items You Need to Pack
- Day Hike Packing List
- Hiking Gear for Kids
- Camera Gear Checklist
- 25 Best Travel Products to Pack for Your Next Trip
WHAT TO PACK FOR SUMMER VACATION
1. Hiking Gear
- Hiking shoes & boots: → Check out our FAVORITE hiking shoes/boots!
- Hiking socks: → Check out the BEST SOCKS EVER!
- Walking stick or trekking poles
2. Clothing – Layers
- WATER: → We carry water bottles or hydration backpacks
- FOOD: → Check out our favorite healthy snacks
- Flashlight: → Check out the headlamps we like
- National Park maps
- Lip protection with sunscreen
- Polarized sunglasses
- Insect repellant
- Hand lotion
- Toilet paper (carry out in a bag – do not bury)
- Hand sanitizer
- First aid kit
- Bags to pack out trash