Looking for US travel ideas to add to your bucket list? Use this resource of amazing US spring vacation ideas, travel guides and tips to plan your trip!
We share tips, attractions, recommended activities and a packing checklist to have an amazing spring vacation!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Spring Vacation Ideas in the US
Spring is one of the best times to travel! Here’s a list US destinations that are awesome to visit this time of year.
- 20 US Spring Break Vacation Ideas
- Spring Road Trip Ideas in the US
- Spring Break Ideas that Avoid the Beach
- Spring Hiking Ideas in the US
- Visit US National Parks in the Spring
Spring Vacations in Utah
- Spring Break Ideas in Utah
- Moab, Utah in the Spring
- Utah National Parks in the Spring
- Arches National Park in the Spring
- Bryce Canyon National Park in the Spring
- Canyonlands National Park in the Spring
- Capitol Reef National Park in the Spring
- Zion National Park in the Spring
Spring Vacations in Montana
Spring Vacations in Wyoming
Places to Visit by Month in the Spring
There are important things to know about visiting US cities and national parks in March, April and May. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific month so you know in advance what to expect.
Places to Visit in March
- US National Parks in March
- Utah National Parks in March
- Moab in March
- Portland Oregon in March
- Arches National Park in March
- Bryce Canyon National Park in March
- Canyonlands National Park in March
- Capitol Reef in March
- Grand Teton National Park in March
- Yellowstone National Park in March
- Zion National Park in March
Places to Visit in April
- US National Parks in April
- Utah National Parks in April
- Moab in April
- Arches National Park in April
- Bryce Canyon in April
- Canyonlands National Park in April
- Capitol Reef National Park in April
- Grand Teton National Park in April
- Yellowstone National Park in April
- Zion National Park in April
Places to Visit in May
- US National Parks in May
- Utah National Parks in May
- Moab in May
- Arches National Park in May
- Bryce Canyon in May
- Canyonlands National Park in May
- Capitol Reef National Park in May
- Grand Teton National Park in May
- Yellowstone in May
- Zion National Park in May
Spring Travel Tips and Resources
Use our planning guides, itineraries and travel planners to create the most amazing vacation during this time of year!
Spring Travel Resources
- Spring Packing Lists for National Parks
- Spring Landscape Photography Gear
- Spring Photo Challenge Printable
Travel Tips and Resources
- US National Parks Pass
- Family Road Trip Items You Need to Pack
- Day Hike Packing List
- Hiking Gear for Kids
- Camera Gear Checklist
- 25 Best Travel Products
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!
- VRBO Vacation Rentals
- Book a Hotel
- Book an Apartment
- Book a Bed and Breakfast
- Book a Guest House
WHAT TO PACK FOR A NATIONAL PARK TRIP IN THE SPRING
Packing for a trip in the spring means being prepared for any type of weather!
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE spring packing list for National Parks
- US National Parks Pass: You can order passes online or get them at any of these Federal Recreation Areas. → BUY THE PASS AT REI and they will donate 10% of sales to the National Park Foundation.
- Spring hiking at some national parks may mean wet trails, and even some patches of snow! You’ll want waterproof hiking boots.
- Hiking socks that breath… and if they prevent blisters, that’s even better: → Check out the BEST SOCKS by Darn Tough!
- Walking stick or trekking poles
- Wicking and quick-drying base layers
- Fleece or insulated jacket: → Columbia fleece jackets are our favorite!
- Waterproof rain jacket
- WATER: → Use refillable water bottles or a hydration backpack
- FOOD: → Check out our list of healthy snacks
- Flashlight or headlamp
- National Park maps
- Lip protection with sunscreen
- Polarized sunglasses
- Hand lotion
- Toilet paper (carry out in a bag – do not bury)
- Hand sanitizer
- First aid kit
- Bags to pack out trash
- Cell phone
- Portable charger
- Guide books
- Camera Gear – DOWNLOAD the free camera gear checklist!
- Photography gear for hiking