Looking for spring vacation ideas in the US?
Use our resources to help you find…
→ US spring break destinations to add to your bucket list.
→ Tips to know what it’s like to take a trip during the spring months.
→ List of things to do on a trip in the spring.
→ What to pack for a spring vacation.
Use our resources with tips, attractions, recommended activities and a packing checklist to help you plan a fabulous trip this spring.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Places to See in the USA
Spring is one of the best times to travel! Here’s a list US destinations that are awesome to visit this time of year.
- Arches National Park in the Spring
- Bryce Canyon in the Spring
- Canyonlands in the Spring
- Yellowstone in the Spring
- Zion National Park in the Spring
Places to Visit by Month in the Spring
There are important things to know about visiting US cities and national parks in March, April and May. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific month so you know in advance what to expect.
- Arches National Park in March
- Bryce Canyon in March
- Moab, Utah in March
- Portland, Oregon in March
- Zion National Park in March
Travel Planning Guides
Use our planning guides, itineraries and travel planners to create the most amazing vacation during this time of year!
- Yellowstone Vacation Planning Guide
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone National Park Travel Planner
- 3 Day Arches & Canyonlands Itinerary and Photography Guide
- Guide to Arches Photography & Things to Do
- Arches National Park Planner
Travel Tips and Resources
Tips and resources for what to pack, what to wear and other helpful information for taking a trip in the spring.
- Spring Packing List for National Parks
- Family Road Trip Items You Need to Pack
- Day Hike Packing List
- Hiking Gear for Kids
- Camera Gear Checklist
- 25 Best Travel Products to Pack for Your Next Trip
What to Pack for a Spring Vacation
1. Hiking Gear
- Spring hiking may mean wet trails, and even some patches of snow! You’ll want waterproof hiking boots or shoes: → Check out our favorite Merrell Moab hiking shoes!
- Hiking socks that breath… and if they prevent blisters, that’s even better: → Check out the BEST SOCKS by Darn Tough!
- Walking stick or trekking poles
2. Clothing – Layers
- Wicking and quick-drying base layers
- Fleece or insulated jacket: → Columbia fleece jackets are our favorite!
- Waterproof rain jacket
- WATER: → Use refillable water bottles or a hydration backpack
- FOOD: → Check out our list of healthy snacks
- Flashlight or headlamp
- National Park maps
- Lip protection with sunscreen
- Polarized sunglasses
- Hand lotion
- Toilet paper (carry out in a bag – do not bury)
- Hand sanitizer
- First aid kit
- Bags to pack out trash