Looking for Arches National Park vacation ideas? We’re here to help!
Arches is our favorite national park and we go every chance we get. We only live a few hours away and consider ourselves locals.
Check out our general travel guide to help you get started planning your Arches vacation. And don’t forget to take a look at our favorite 3 day itinerary for Arches and Canyonlands!
Use our list below to learn more about the hiking trails, scenic drives, photography spots and other things to do at Arches.
And it’s always helpful to know the best time to visit Arches National Park. We share tips for visiting in each season and the various months of the year.
If you’re looking for US National Park vacation ideas, keep reading to find out all there is to know about visiting Arches National Park!
Travel Guides for the Park
Start planning your trip to Arches by using the resources below. Use our favorite 3 day itinerary and photography guide, travel guide and park planner to help you plan the perfect trip!
- 3 Day Arches & Canyonlands Itinerary and Photography Guide
- Arches Travel Guide
- Where to Stay Near Arches National Park
- Arches National Park Camping
When Is the Best Time to Visit?
Looking for the best time to visit Arches? There are important things to know about visiting Arches during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the busy seasons at the park. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
- Arches National Park in the Spring
- Arches National Park in the Summer
- Arches National Park in the Fall
- Arches National Park in the Winter
- Arches in December
- Arches in January
- Arches in February
- Arches in March
- Arches in April
- Arches in October
Attractions and Things to Do
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at Arches. Explore the various points of interest by driving, hiking or biking. And don’t forget to know all about the best photo spots. This is one beautiful park where you’ll want to take pictures of the stunning landscape!
- Things to Do at Arches
- Photographing Arches National Park
- Arches Hiking Trails
- Devil’s Garden Trail at Arches
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Here’s a list of good resources for what to pack for your trip to Arches. Use the packing checklist no matter what time of the year you visit. And learn all about why you need the National Park annual park pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- Arches Packing Lists for Summer and Winter
- Is the US National Park Pass a Good Deal?
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Ornaments
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Where to Stay Near Arches:
Arches National Park camping can only be done at the one small campground.
There are no hotels in Arches so most people stay in the nearby town of Moab. You’ll find restaurants and places to shop which adds to the appeal to find accommodations in Moab.
There are all types of lodging in and near Moab from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. You’ll also find vacation rentals, a hostel, campgrounds and RV parks
READ OUR FULL GUIDE: Places to stay near Arches National Park in Moab
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location close to Arches.
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab – walking distance to shopping, full kitchen, and only 8 units so you don’t feel lost in a large hotel.
- Red Cliffs Lodge – rooms up to 6 people – located 17 miles from Moab, this lodge is known for its beautiful location, winery and activities like horseback riding, fishing and more!
- Vacation Rentals – we really like rentals with a kitchen, washer and dryer and amenities like a swimming pool and hot tub.
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!