One of the first questions to ask when planning a trip is where to stay near Arches National Park.
There are no hotels in Arches National Park, only one small campground so most people stay in nearby Moab, Utah. This Arches National Park travel guide lists all the accommodations available in Moab.
Keep reading to see our list of accommodations near Arches from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. You’ll also find vacation rentals, a hostel, campgrounds and RV parks.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Arches National Park Packing List
DOWNLOAD and print the packing checklist for Arches National Park!
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Arches National Park guide books and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
A Photo Tour of Arches National Park
Take a visual tour through Arches National Park to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
WHERE TO STAY NEAR ARCHES NATIONAL PARK
Since there are no lodges or hotels in Arches, most people stay in Moab, about 5 miles from the entrance to the park.
Here’s a list of accommodations near Arches National Park to help you find the best one for your travel style!
If you’ll be traveling as a family, check out this list of places to stay near Arches National Park with kids!
Hotels Near Arches National Park
→ Check out this full list of hotels near Arches National Park!
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moab – our friend’s pick for families
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Moab
- Aarchway Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location
Campgrounds Near Arches National Park
Arches National Park Camping – Devil’s Garden is the only place to camp in the park. There are 51 campsites, which you can reserve in advance.
Canyonlands Island in the Sky Campgrounds – Willow Flat Campground is open year round. It’s first-come, first-served near the Green River overlook. There are 12 sites with picnic tables and fire rings. Please Note: There is no water at this campground.
Needles Canyonlands Camping – There are no services at Canyonlands Needles. The nearest place to get food, firewood, and supplies is Monticello, Utah, approximately 60 minutes’ drive from The Needles. (IF the Needles Outpost is open, you MAY find a few supplies, but don’t count on it!) There is seasonal potable water. Camp sites have toilets, fire rings, picnic tables, and trash cans.
Dead Horse Point Camping – Kayenta Campground at Dead Horse Point State Park offers 21 sites with lighted shade structures, picnic tables, fire rings, and tent pads. All sites also have RV electrical hookups, and modern restroom facilities are available. There are also 3 yurts available at Dead Horse Point. Each one offers sleeping space for up to six people, an outdoor propane grill, and comfortable seating indoors and out. Heat, air conditioning, and electrical outlets are also available.
Camping along Highway 313 – Lone Mesa, Horsethief and Cowboy Camp are first-come, first-served and may accommodate tents, trailer, and RV’s. READ the BLM guidelines for Moab camping.
- Archview RV Resort & Campground – terrific location close to the park and not far from Moab
- Under Canvas Moab
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
Places to Stay in Moab Near Restaurants and Shopping
If you want to experience the vibe of Moab, then stay close to the city center. You’ll be within walking distance of yummy places to eat and fun places to shop.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab
- Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
- Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn
- Kokopelli Lodgings – we enjoyed the Kokopelli Lodge that’s right in town
- Hotel Moab Downtown
- Gonzo Inn
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab
- Moab Flats – we haven’t stayed here, but it’s just a bit down the street from Purple Sage and it would be our second choice
Vacation Rentals for Families Near Arches
When looking for vacation rentals for families near Arches, did you know you can create a search on Airbnb for places to stay when you travel with family?
To search for a home:
- Click or tap the Trip type (you may need to click Other filters)
- Select For families
You’ll see homes that have:
- A 4.75+/5 average rating from guests
- 5-star reviews from other families
- Family-friendly amenities, such as kitchen, wifi or internet, and a TV
- House Rules that are suitable for infants and children
BEST BUDGET ACCOMMODATIONS NEAR ARCHES
The best prices for accommodation in Moab will be during the off-season winter months. You can find budget-friendly places to stay during the busy season, but the prices will be higher all around.
When looking for budget hotels and cabins we look to see if they offer a free breakfast or include a kitchenette – or at least a small fridge and microwave.
TIP: It’s amazing the healthy make-ahead meals you can make with only a microwave! Eating meals in is one of the best budget tips for travel.
Budget-friendly Hotels and Cabins in Moab
- Archview RV Resort & Campground – cabins with kitchenette
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground – cabins with kitchenette
- Motel 6 – free breakfast
- Super 8 by Wyndham – free breakfast
- Moab Gateway Inn – free breakfast
- River Canyon Lodge – some with kitchenettes
- Moab Red Stone Inn – kitchenette
- Silver Sage Inn – fridge and microwave
- Lazy Lizard Hostel – kitchen
- Moab Rim Campark – cabins with kitchenette
TIP: Check to see if bedding and towels are provided at the cabins at these campgrounds. The cost savings may not be worth the hassle, or you may not have the room, to pack sheets or sleeping bags and towels. We’ve stayed in cabins at Archview and Moab Rim Campark, but we live fairly close to Moab so it wasn’t inconvenient to pack sheets and towels.
CAMPGROUNDS, RV RESORTS AND CAMPING NEAR ARCHES
In the town of Moab and the surrounding area you’ll find RV resorts, campgrounds and primitive camping on public lands.
Best RV Resorts and Campgrounds
- Archview RV Resort & Campground
- Under Canvas Moab
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
- Slickrock Campground
Camping Near Arches
Primitive Camping On Public Lands Near Arches
There is no primitive camping within 20 miles from Moab. Camping is restricted to limited designated sites in the areas shown on the map below, marked with a brown post and a tent symbol.
These designated sites are free, but no facilities are provided. Campers are required to carry out all garbage, including solid human waste and toilet paper. There is no wood cutting or collection allowed. No new fire rings are allowed.
All campers are required to possess, set-up and use portable toilets or approved human waste bags. Campers may not bury or leave solid human body waste and toilet paper. The disposal of solid human waste off public land is required.
If you have any questions about primitive camping restrictions please contact the Moab BLM Office at (435) 259-2100.
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps: