Here’s all the information you need to know about Arches National park winter camping.
This Arches National Park travel guide details the campground facilities available and reservation information for winter camping in the park.
In case you can’t get a spot in the park, we’ll list campgrounds and RV parks near Arches National Park that are open in the winter.
Plus we’ll share resources for what to pack and things to do at Arches National Park in the Winter!
As you plan your vacation, check out our 1, 2, and 3-day Arches National Park itineraries:
- Arches National Park in One Day
- Two Days in Arches National Park
- Three Days in Arches National Park
- Arches National Park and Canyonlands in One Day
This site contains affiliate links which means WE may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. We only provide links to products we actually use and/or wholeheartedly recommend! As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full Disclosure Policy.
A Photo Tour of Arches National Park
Take a visual tour through Arches National Park to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!
Arches National Park in the Winter
The Arches National Park weather in the winter will be cold:
- Arches National Park in December: Highs 45 | Lows 23 degrees F
- Arches National Park in January: Highs 44 | Lows 22 degrees F
- Arches National Park in February: Highs 52 | Lows 28 degrees F
During the winter you need to be prepared for rain and snow. You will definitely want to pack winter clothing and dress in layers.
The park road might be closed after a snowfall for several hours for plowing. For road conditions getting to Arches, check the Utah Road Weather Forecast or call 1-866-511-UTAH (8824).
Park roads, parking lots, and pullouts can still be icy, especially in shaded areas. Check at the visitor center for the latest information on road conditions.
Winter Activities at Arches include:
- Arches National Park with kids
- Arches National Park scenic drive
- Arches National Park hiking trails
- Arches National Park Photography
- Things to do near Arches National Park
Arches National Park Winter Camping
In the winter between November 1 and February 28, all camping sites at Arches are first-come, first served. (Arches camping reservations are required from March 1 to October 31.)
Devils Garden Campground in the Winter
There is only one small campground at Arches National Park: The Devil’s Garden Campground.
It’s awesome to camp in a location surrounded by juniper and pinyon pines, and beautiful slickrock landscape. There are many Arches National Park hiking trails in the area to explore.
Devil’s Garden Campground Facilities
- 53 sites
- Potable water
- Picnic tables
- Pit-style and flush toilets
- Pets are allowed in the campgrounds
The campground does not have the following:
- RV hook-ups
- Dump station
- Shower facilities
Devils Garden Campground Accessibility
- Two ADA accessible campsites – in the winter both sites are first-come, first-served.
- The accessible sites are paved for wheelchair ease of use. The tent pad is dirt, but the rest of the area surrounding the picnic table, grill, and fire ring is paved.
- Accessible bathroom two sites from the ADA accessible campsite via a paved road.
- The campground road has slopes, speed bumps, and drainage ditches that may make travel by wheelchair difficult.
RV & Trailer Information
- Sites range in length from 20 to 40 feet.
- RV Allowed – Yes
- RV Max Length in Feet – 40
- Trailer Allowed – Yes
- Classification – This campground is a limited development campground.
RV Parks Open in the Winter Near Arches National Park
Here’s a list of RV parks near Arches National Park open in the winter if you’re looking for a campground with more amenities than Devil’s Garden Campground in the park.
Arches Gateway Campground
Formerly Moab Valley RV Resort, Arches Gateway Campground is minutes away from Moab and Arches National Park. There are RV sites, tent sites, cabins, and fun Airstream rentals at this pet-friendly resort!
For RVs, you can pull in or back into sites that accommodate RVs between 20-45 feet in length. All areas come with full hookups of 30- or 50-amp electricity. Each site has a charcoal grill, picnic table, and WiFi access.
The amenities here include: on-site store, restroom & shower facilities, laundry, swimming pool, bicycle wash & repair station, life-size chess & checkers, dog park, putting green, and a playground!
North Moab Campground
Formerly Slickrock Campground, North Moab Campground is a pet-friendly, year-round campground close to several restaurants and shopping areas. The RV park offers RV sites, tent sites and cabin vacation rentals.
Various amenities are available on-site including WiFi, cable TV access, laundry, restrooms & showers, store, swimming pool, and playground.
RV sites at the campground are suitable for RVs from 25 to 50 feet in length, including those with slide-outs, back-ins, and pull-throughs.
On-site water and electric outlets are available for rooftop tents, vans, small campers, and large tents.
Moab Downtown Campground
Formerly known as Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground, Moab Downtown Campground is open year-round. There are RV sites, tent sites, and camping cabins.
Amenities include a general store, gas station, showers, laundry facilities, swimming pool, splash pad, playground, cable and WiFi access, and an ATM.
A full hookup is provided at each RV site, including a natural or cement pad, picnic table, and fire pit. They can accommodate RVs up to 50 feet in length at these sites. The sites have a picnic table and a fire pit. An on-site dump station is also available.
OK RV Park
There is no doubt that OK RV Park is one of the most popular RV campgrounds near Arches National Park. OK RV Park offers RV sites, glamping tents, glamping tipis, or cabins.
RV sites include full hookups (water, sewer, electric), free WiFi and cable, and access to the park facilities and common areas.
The amenities here include laundry facilities, showers, toilets, and pet-friendly accommodations in your own RV.
Check out the other rentals available at OK RV Park:
Moab Rim Campground
Located in the Spanish Valley just two miles south of Moab, the Moab Rim Campground offers RV sites, tent sites and cabin rentals at Moab Rim.
The amenities include restrooms, showers, WiFi, cable TV, playground, pet station, and snack items for sale on site. Most of the sites have fire rings and grass.
The campground has large additional parking areas to fit in dozens of accessory trucks and trailers at no extra charge!
BLM Winter Camping Near Arches National Park
You’ll find good winter camping at BLM Campgrounds in the Moab area. Most individual campsites are first-come, first-served (no reservations available). Be prepared to pay at the campground with exact cash or check.
Some campgrounds are closed seasonally from the end of November to mid-February so be sure to check updated information!
Facilities and guidelines:
- picnic tables
- vault toilets
- fire rings
- NO drinking water available
- bring your own firewood (firewood gathering is not allowed)
- campsites limited to 10 people and two vehicles (or one vehicle and a trailer)
- RV sites have no hook-ups – generator hours are 8am to 8pm
- 14-day limit
Here’s a list of some of the campgrounds near Arches National Park that are open in the winter:
- Goose Island Campground
- Grandstaff Campground
- Upper Onion Creek Campground
- Lower Onion Creek Campground
- Gold Bar Campground
- Sand Flats Recreation Area
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps
Planning an Arches National Park Vacation:
- Best Time to Visit Arches National Park
- Things to Do at Arches National Park
- Arches National Park Packing List
- Arches National Park with Kids
- Arches National Park Photography
- Arches National Park Tours