If you’re looking for Canyonlands National Park vacation ideas, this is it!
This article includes tips for planning your Canyonlands vacation, list of things to do at the park, details about the best time to visit, packing list for your trip, and more!
Use our Canyonlands National Park resources with tips and recommended activities to help you plan your next trip.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Travel Guides for Canyonlands
Use our guides to plan the perfect trip!
- Canyonlands National Park: Travel Guide
- Canyonlands Island in the Sky: Travel Guide
- Needles Canyonlands: Travel Guide
When Is the Best Time to Visit Canyonlands?
There are important things to know about visiting Canyonlands during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the busy seasons at the park. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
Attractions and Things to Do
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at Canyonlands. Explore the various points of interest by driving, hiking or biking. And don’t forget to know all about the best photo spots. This is one beautiful park where you’ll want to take pictures of the stunning landscape!
- Canyonlands Hikes
- Island in the Sky Hikes
- Canyonlands Island in the Sky Scenic Drive
- Things to Do at Needles Canyonlands
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Here’s a list of good resources for what to pack for your trip. Use the packing checklist no matter what time of the year you visit. And learn all about why you need the NP annual park pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- Where to Stay in Moab Near Canyonlands
- Canyonlands Island in the Sky Campgrounds
- Needles Canyonlands Camping
WHERE TO STAY NEAR CANYONLANDS
Where to Stay Near Canyonlands Island in the Sky
There are no lodging facilities in the park.
Here are 4 places we recommend:
• Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location close to Canyonlands.
• Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab – walking distance to shopping, full kitchen, and only 8 units so you don’t feel lost in a large hotel.
• Red Cliffs Lodge – rooms up to 6 people – located 17 miles from Moab, this lodge is known for its beautiful location, winery and activities like horseback riding, fishing and more!
• Townhomes south of town – we really like the townhomes in Spanish Valley with kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit and a swimming pool/hot tub (just a 5 minute drive south of Moab).
Where to Stay Near Canyonlands Needles
You can visit Needles and stay in Moab, and most people do that.
The town of Monticello is a bit closer to Needles, but the lodging, food and shopping options aren’t as good. It’s a much smaller town than Moab.