If you’re looking for Canyonlands National Park vacation ideas, this is it!
Use this Canyonlands National Park guide to plan your trip: things to do, what to pack, where to stay, and more!
You’ll find Canyonlands travel guides, hiking guides, photography guides, scenic drive information to help you plan the most amazing vacation!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Canyonlands National Park Packing List
→ DOWNLOAD: Canyonlands Packing List
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Canyonlands guide books and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
A Photo Tour of Canyonlands National Park
Take a visual tour through Canyonlands National Park (and Dead Horse Point) to see the stunning landscape in the parks!
Canyonlands Park Hours and Services
Canyonlands National Park is normally open year-round, 24 hours a day. Each district has its own visitor center with operating hours that change with the seasons. Some facilities close in the winter. Reference these travel guides for planning your trip to Canyonlands.
- Canyonlands Island in the Sky Visitor Center
- Visiting Canyonlands National Park
- Needles Canyonlands
- Canyonlands National Park Island in the Sky
- Canyonlands Island in the Sky vs Needles
Best Time to Visit Canyonlands National Park
While there isn’t a bad time to explore Canyonlands, some seasons make visiting more enjoyable than others since most of your time will be outdoors. It’s important to know what the Canyonlands National Park weather will be like for the time you plan to visit the park.
Visiting Canyonlands by Season
- Canyonlands National Park in the Spring
- Canyonlands National Park in the Summer
- Canyonlands National Park in the Fall
- Canyonlands National Park in the Winter
Canyonlands Island in the Sky
WHERE TO STAY NEAR CANYONLANDS
There are no lodging facilities in the park, but there are campgrounds:
Lists of places to stay near Canyonlands
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location close to Canyonlands.
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab – walking distance to shopping, full kitchen, and only 8 units so you don’t feel lost in a large hotel.
- Red Cliffs Lodge – rooms up to 6 people – located 17 miles from Moab, this lodge is known for its beautiful location, winery and activities like horseback riding, fishing and more!
- Townhomes south of town – we really like the townhomes in Spanish Valley with kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit and a swimming pool/hot tub (just a 5 minute drive south of Moab).
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!
BUY AT AMAZON: Arches and Canyonlands Guides and Maps: