Looking for Yellowstone vacation ideas?
You’ve come to the right place!
→ Do you need tips for planning your vacation? Check!
→ Do you want a list of things to do at the park? Check!
→ Do you wonder when it’s best to visit? Check!
→ Do you need a packing list for your trip? Check!
Use our Yellowstone National Park resources with tips, attractions, recommended activities and a packing checklist to help you plan your next trip.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Travel Guides to Plan Your Trip
Use our vacation planning guide, our favorite 4 day itinerary and a travel photography planner to help you plan the perfect trip to the park!
- Yellowstone Vacation Planning Guide
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone National Park Travel Planner
When Is the Best Time to Visit YNP?
There are important things to know about visiting the park during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the road conditions and closures. And there are times of the year when park services are closed. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
- Visiting Yellowstone in the Spring
- Visiting Yellowstone in the Summer
- Visiting Yellowstone in the Fall
- Yellowstone in the Winter
- Yellowstone in October
- Yellowstone in November
- Yellowstone in December
- Yellowstone in January
- Yellowstone in February
Attractions and Things to Do
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at YNP. The park is known for its waterfalls, geysers and wildlife. You can plan your own itinerary to see the attractions in the park, or you can find a fun tour to explore the points of interest.
- List of Yellowstone Waterfalls
- Yellowstone Vacation Tips, Itineraries & Things to Do
- Yellowstone Scenic Drives
- Yellowstone Summer Tours
Tips and Resources to Plan Your Trip
Here’s a list of good resources for what to pack for your trip. Use the packing checklist no matter what time of the year you visit. And learn all about why you need the NP annual park pass, and where to buy it. Plus, there’s a fun list of national park gifts!
- National Park Packing Lists for Summer and Winter
- Is the US National Park Pass a Good Deal?
- National Park Themed Gift Guide
- National Park Ornaments