If you are traveling to Yellowstone in the summer, then going on one of the many Yellowstone summer tours is a must.
Taking a tour helps you see many parts of Yellowstone that you might not see on your own.
With so many different Yellowstone Summer tours to choose from it may be hard to know which ones are right for you.
But good news, we are sharing our favorite Yellowstone summer tours to help you plan your Yellowstone Vacation.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
WHAT TO PACK FOR YELLOWSTONE IN THE SUMMER
Yellowstone Packing List for Summer
- Light hiking shoes or sandals – we recommend Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough socks
- Water shoes and swimwear
- Hiking pants
- Moisture-wicking shirts
- Sun hat or Buff headbands
- Fleece jacket
Other Yellowstone packing essentials:
National Parks Pass – Before you visit Yellowstone National Park be sure to pack your The America the Beautiful Annual Pass.
- US National Park packing list
- Camelbak hydration packs or carry Hydroflask bottles in your day backpack
- Insect repellent – you’ll need it!
- Hand sanitizer
- Binoculars or spotting scope
- Yellowstone Map
- First aid kit
- Bear spray – you can rent this at Grant or Canyon
- Camera gear
Are there guided tours of Yellowstone?
As you start planning your Yellowstone vacation, you quickly discover there are so many things do! You may wonder how to see all Yellowstone has to offer during your vacation.
One way to make the most of visiting Yellowstone is taking a tour. There are many different types of guided tours available to find the right one for you!
Best Yellowstone Summer Tours
Narrative Driving Tour
If you are looking to drive through Yellowstone yourself, but want to hear all the fun and educational information about this National Park, this is the tour for you!
The GyPSy App Guide will automatically tell you stories, tips and directions that will help enrich your Yellowstone National Park experience.
No need for cell service or wifi signal while touring. Tours are downloaded to your device for easy offline use.
Upper and Lower Loops Tours
Tour Yellowstone National Park with an expert guide on various all-day tours. Visit popular sites like Old Faithful, Grand Prismatic Spring, Yellowstone Lake, and more.
When you join a tour, the expert guides share their knowledge of the park and you’ll learn amazing things from them.
White Water Rafting
Summer and water go hand in hand right? The white water rafting trip is a favorite of many Yellowstone visitors.
There are 2 hour rafting tours, half day rafting tours and full day rafting tours. You can also enjoy rafting the Snake River at Grand Teton National Park if you want to extend your trip to visit this park!
Scenic Float Tours
If you you’re looking for something a bit more calm, then a scenic float down the river is for you. There are good scenic float tours at Yellowstone and Grand Teton.
Explore the rocky shores and tranquil waters of Yellowstone Lake on a tour with a professional guide.
Explore the beauty of Yellowstone Lake in a single or double kayak. Look for wildlife on the shore like elk, moose and bison. Paddle beside the West Thumb Geyser Basin to see incredible geothermic features. No previous kayaking experience is necessary for this enjoyable excursion.
There is plenty of wildlife for you to see while visiting Yellowstone. Taking a guided wildlife safari will help you find the best spots for wildlife-viewing.
Having a tour guide will help explain the wildlife and the ecosystem is an added bonus of this tour. Being patient is key to taking a wildlife expedition.
Wildlife never appears on demand so when you are not able to see wildlife at some of the spots you are at least guaranteed some spectacular views!
Plan a Yellowstone Vacation
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone Vacation Ideas
- How to Plan the Perfect Yellowstone Vacation
- Best Time to Visit Yellowstone
- Places to Stay at Yellowstone
- Yellowstone Waterfalls
- Yellowstone Tours
- Check out VRBO Vacation Rentals near Yellowstone
Places to stay in West Yellowstone that we recommend:
- Holiday Inn, West Yellowstone
- ClubHouse Inn, West Yellowstone
- Kelly Inn, West Yellowstone
- → CHECK OUT more West Yellowstone hotels!
Places to stay in Gardiner that we recommend:
- Yellowstone Gateway Inn, Gardiner – full kitchen and comfy bed, one of our favorite places to stay!
- Park Hotel Yellowstone, Gardiner – charming place to stay and loved by guests!
- Absaroka Lodge, Gardiner – beautiful location with river views!
- → CHECK OUT more Gardiner hotels!
Places to stay in Cooke City or Silver Gate that we recommend:
- Sunny Log Home on the Creek, Silver Gate (VRBO) – the most AMAZING location with an awesome fireplace and comfy bed!
- High Country Motel and Cabins – local owners who love what they do, and make you feel so welcome!
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!