If you are traveling to Yellowstone in the summer, then going on one of the many Yellowstone summer tours is a must.
Use our Yellowstone National Park travel guide and the list of tours below to plan your vacation. Taking a tour helps you see many parts of Yellowstone that you might not see on your own.
With so many different summer tours in Yellowstone to choose from it may be hard to know which ones are right for you. The tips we share below should help!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Yellowstone National Park Packing List
FREE DOWNLOAD: Printable Yellowstone Packing Lists
- Merrell Moab hiking shoes or Oboz hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- Water – carry a hydration pack or a refillable water bottle in your backpack
- Healthy food that’s portable and filling!
- Columbia fleece jacket
- Wicking, quick-drying clothing
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Sun protection – sunscreen (even in the winter) and a sunhat
- UV sunglasses are good for summer and winter
- Travel hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- US National Park travel guides and maps
- First aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Camera gear – DOWNLOAD the free checklist!
Check out this resource if you’ll be packing for a winter vacation in Yellowstone
A Photo Tour of Yellowstone Waterfalls
Take a visual tour through Yellowstone National Park to see the stunning landscape and waterfalls you’ll find in the park!
Are There Guided Tours in Yellowstone?
As you start planning your Yellowstone vacation, you quickly discover there are so many things do! You may wonder how to see all Yellowstone has to offer during your vacation.
One way to make the most of visiting Yellowstone is taking a tour. There are many different types of guided tours available to find the right one for you!
Best Yellowstone Summer Tours
Here’s a list of tours to help you plan your Yellowstone summer vacation.
Yellowstone & Grand Teton AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
Yellowstone GyPSy App Narrative Driving Tour
If you are looking to drive through Yellowstone yourself, but want to hear all the fun and educational information about this National Park, this is the tour for you!
The GyPSy App Guide will automatically tell you stories, tips and directions that will help enrich your Yellowstone National Park experience.
No need for cell service or wifi signal while touring. Tours are downloaded to your device for easy offline use.
Yellowstone Upper and Lower Loops Tours
Tour Yellowstone National Park with an expert guide on various all-day tours. Visit popular sites like Old Faithful, Grand Prismatic Spring, Yellowstone Lake, and more.
When you join a tour, the expert guides share their knowledge of the park and you’ll learn amazing things from them.
Yellowstone Rafting Tours
Summer and water go hand in hand right? The white water rafting trip is a favorite of many Yellowstone visitors.
There are 2 hour rafting tours, half day rafting tours and full day rafting tours. You can also enjoy rafting the Snake River at Grand Teton National Park if you want to extend your trip to visit this park!
Yellowstone Scenic Float Tours
If you you’re looking for something a bit more calm, then a scenic float down the river is for you. There are good scenic float tours at Yellowstone and Grand Teton.
Yellowstone Kayak Tours
Explore the rocky shores and tranquil waters of Yellowstone Lake on a tour with a professional guide.
Explore the beauty of Yellowstone Lake in a single or double kayak. Look for wildlife on the shore like elk, moose and bison. Paddle beside the West Thumb Geyser Basin to see incredible geothermic features. No previous kayaking experience is necessary for this enjoyable excursion.
Yellowstone Wildlife Safaris
There is plenty of wildlife for you to see while visiting Yellowstone. Taking a guided wildlife safari will help you find the best spots for wildlife-viewing.
Having a tour guide will help explain the wildlife and the ecosystem is an added bonus of this tour. Being patient is key to taking a wildlife expedition.
Wildlife never appears on demand so when you are not able to see wildlife at some of the spots you are at least guaranteed some spectacular views!
Yellowstone Maps and Guides at Amazon:
Plan a Yellowstone Vacation
- Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do at Yellowstone National Park
- Best Time to Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Best Time to Visit Yellowstone for Wildlife
- Yellowstone Tours
Places to stay in West Yellowstone
- Holiday Inn, West Yellowstone
- ClubHouse Inn, West Yellowstone
- Kelly Inn, West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone hotels!
Places to stay in Gardiner
- Yellowstone Gateway Inn, Gardiner – full kitchen and comfy bed, one of our favorite places to stay!
- Park Hotel Yellowstone, Gardiner – charming place to stay and loved by guests!
- Absaroka Lodge, Gardiner – beautiful location with river views!
- Gardiner hotels!
Places to stay in Cooke City or Silver Gate
- Sunny Log Home on the Creek, Silver Gate (VRBO) – the most AMAZING location with an awesome fireplace and comfy bed!
- High Country Motel and Cabins – local owners who love what they do, and make you feel so welcome!
- Rent an RV – have it dropped off at your vacation destination!