Use our Yellowstone National Park travel guide to plan the most amazing vacation!
When you’re looking for US National Park vacation ideas, Yellowstone needs to be at the top of the list!
Yellowstone is one of our favorite national parks and we go every chance we get. We only live a few hours away and consider ourselves locals.
Check out our tips and resources to help you get started planning your Yellowstone vacation.
Use our list below to learn more about the hiking trails, scenic drives, photography spots and other things to do at Yellowstone.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Printable Yellowstone Packing Lists
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guides
Use our travel guides, vacation planners, and our favorite 4 day itinerary to help you plan the perfect trip to the park!
- Yellowstone National Park One Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- 4 Days at Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone Vacation Planning Guide
- Yellowstone Vacation Tips
- Yellowstone Vacation Ideas
When Is the Best Time to Visit Yellowstone
There are important things to know about visiting the park during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the road conditions and closures. And there are times of the year when park services are closed. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
- When is the Best Time to Visit Yellowstone
- Best Time to Visit Yellowstone for Wildlife
- Yellowstone in the Spring
- Yellowstone Summer Vacation
- Yellowstone Vacation in the Fall
- Yellowstone Winter Vacation
- Yellowstone National Park Winter Pictures
- Yellowstone National Park Weather
Visiting Yellowstone By Month
- Yellowstone in January
- Yellowstone in February
- Yellowstone in March
- Yellowstone in April
- Yellowstone in May
- Yellowstone in June
- Yellowstone in July
- Yellowstone in August
- Yellowstone in September
- Yellowstone in October
- Yellowstone in November
- Yellowstone in December
A Photo Tour of Yellowstone Waterfalls
Take a visual tour through Yellowstone National Park to see the stunning landscape and waterfalls you’ll find in the park!
Yellowstone Attractions and Things to Do
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at Yellowstone National Park. The park is known for its waterfalls, geysers and wildlife. You can plan your own itinerary to see the attractions in the park, or you can find a fun tour to explore the points of interest.
- Things to Do at Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone National Park Southern Loop
- Yellowstone National Park Northern Loop
- Yellowstone Vacation Tips – Itineraries & Things to Do
- Best Places to See Wildlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone Waterfalls
- Yellowstone Scenic Drives
- Yellowstone Summer Tours
- Yellowstone National Park Winter Tours
- Easy Hikes in Yellowstone National Park
- Canyon Area Day Hikes at Yellowstone
- Old Faithful Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
Yellowstone & Grand Teton AUDIO TOUR
“Download the app to your phone – no cell or wifi service needed. Based on your GPS location, the app takes you on a guided tour of the park and points out all the interesting features and stops. It’s like having a park ranger in the car with you.”
Places to Stay at Yellowstone
Hotels and Vacation Rentals in West Yellowstone:
- Holiday Inn, West Yellowstone
- ClubHouse Inn, West Yellowstone
- Kelly Inn, West Yellowstone
- → CHECK OUT more West Yellowstone hotels!
Hotels and Vacation Rentals in Gardiner:
- Yellowstone Gateway Inn, Gardiner – full kitchen and comfy bed, one of our favorite places to stay!
- Park Hotel Yellowstone, Gardiner – charming place to stay and loved by guests!
- Absaroka Lodge, Gardiner – beautiful location with river views!
- → CHECK OUT more Gardiner hotels!
Hotels and Vacation Rentals in Cooke City or Silver Gate:
- Sunny Log Home on the Creek, Silver Gate (VRBO) – the most AMAZING location with an awesome fireplace and comfy bed!
- Mountain View Cabin, Cooke City – great views and we enjoyed having a washer and dryer!
- High Country Motel and Cabins – local owners who love what they do, and make you feel so welcome!
Yellowstone Maps and Guides at Amazon: