Yellowstone National Park is a national park in the United States, located mostly in Wyoming but with an area in Montana. It is famous for its geothermal activity—especially Old Faithful Geyser—and for its large concentration of wildlife.
Use our Yellowstone National Park travel guide to plan the most amazing vacation! When you’re looking for US National Park vacation ideas, Yellowstone needs to be at the top of the list!
Yellowstone is one of our favorite national parks and we go every chance we get. We only live a few hours away and consider ourselves locals.
Check out our tips and resources to help you get started planning your Yellowstone vacation.
Use our list below to learn more about the hiking trails, scenic drives, photography spots and other things to do at Yellowstone.
A Photo Tour of the Yellowstone Southern Loop
Take a visual tour through the south loop of Yellowstone National Park to see the wildlife, waterfalls, geysers, and landscapes you’ll find in this part of the park!
This site contains affiliate links which means WE may receive commissions for purchases made through these links. We only provide links to products we actually use and/or wholeheartedly recommend! As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guides
Use our travel guides, vacation planners, and our favorite 4 day itinerary to help you plan the perfect trip to the park!
- Yellowstone National Park One Day Itinerary
- Yellowstone Vacation Planner + 4 Day Itinerary
- 4 Days at Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone Vacation Planning Guide
- Yellowstone National Park With Kids
- Yellowstone Vacation Tips
- Yellowstone Vacation Ideas
- Yellowstone National Park Facts
When Is the Best Time to Visit Yellowstone
There are important things to know about visiting the park during the different seasons of the year. You’ll need to be aware of the road conditions and closures. And there are times of the year when park services are closed. Check out these articles to know all about planning a trip during a specific season or month so you know in advance what to expect.
- When is the Best Time to Visit Yellowstone
- Best Month to Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone National Park Weather
- Best Time to Visit Yellowstone for Wildlife
Visiting Yellowstone By Season
- Yellowstone in the Spring
- Yellowstone Summer Vacation
- Yellowstone Vacation in the Fall
- Yellowstone Winter Vacation
- Yellowstone National Park Winter Pictures
Visiting Yellowstone By Month
- Yellowstone in January
- Yellowstone in February
- Yellowstone in March
- Yellowstone in April
- Yellowstone in May
- Yellowstone in June
- Yellowstone in July
- Yellowstone in August
- Yellowstone in September
- Yellowstone in October
- Yellowstone in November
- Yellowstone in December
Things to See, Do, and Photograph at Yellowstone
Here’s a list of things to do, see and photograph at Yellowstone National Park. The park is known for its waterfalls, geysers and wildlife. You can plan your own itinerary to see the attractions in the park, or you can find a fun tour to explore the points of interest.
- Things to Do at Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone National Park Southern Loop
- Yellowstone National Park Northern Loop
- Best Places to See Wildlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone Waterfalls
- Yellowstone Scenic Drives
- Yellowstone Vacation Tips – Itineraries & Things to Do
Yellowstone Activities and Tours
- Yellowstone National Park Activities
- Yellowstone National Park Spring Activities
- Yellowstone National Park Summer Activities
- Yellowstone National Park Fall Activities
- Yellowstone Winter Activities
- Yellowstone Summer Tours
- Yellowstone National Park Winter Tours
Yellowstone Hiking Trails
- Easy Hikes in Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone National Park Easy Summer Hikes
- Yellowstone National Park Easy Fall Hikes
- Canyon Area Day Hikes at Yellowstone
- Old Faithful Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
- Mammoth Hot Springs Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
- Lake and Fishing Bridge Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
- Madison Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
- Grant and West Thumb Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
- Tower and Northeast Area Day Hikes in Yellowstone
We recommend the Yellowstone GuideAlong App to hear fun behind-the scenes stories and local tips that play automatically as you drive, based on your GPS location.