We’ve created a comprehensive Moab, Utah Vacation Guide to help you plan an amazing trip: things to do, what to pack, where to stay, best time to visit, and more!
Moab should be at the top of your list of places to visit in Utah if you love outdoor activities like mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, river rafting, and off-roading in Jeeps and ATVs.
The small town of Moab is located in southeastern Utah near Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Dead Horse Point State Park.
This guide includes everything you need to know to plan a Moab vacation!
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
What To Pack for a Trip to Moab
FREE DOWNLOAD: Moab, Utah packing list
- Hiking shoes
- Darn Tough hiking socks
- WATER: Hydration packs or carry refillable water bottles in your backpack.
- Healthy snacks – there may be NO services on the trails you’ll hike or drive.
- Lip balm with sunscreen and hydrating lotion – Utah’s high elevation and dry air can be hard on your skin.
- Summer – High temperatures, unrelenting sunlight, and low humidity. To keep cool, wear light colored, loose fitting UV protection clothing that does not absorb sunlight. Also avoid sun burn by wearing a sunhat and by generously applying sunscreen to any parts of your body that are exposed to the sun.
- Winter – Pack winter clothing to stay dry and warm.
- Fleece jacket
- Buff headbands
- Hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or headlamp
- First aid kit
- DOWNLOAD – Camera gear checklist
Moab, Utah Vacation Guide
You’ll find everything you need to know to plan the most amazing Moab vacation! We live close to Moab and visit often so we created these lists of where to stay, best time to visit, expected weather, and things to do in this stunning Utah location!
Best Time To Visit Moab
It’s important to know the typical Moab weather by month: average temperatures, services available, and things to do that time of year.
We’ve written guides for each season and month to help you determine the best time to visit Moab for YOU.
Visiting Moab by Season
Visiting Moab by Month
- Moab in January
- Moab in February
- Moab in March
- Moab in April
- Moab in May
- Moab in June
- Moab in July
- Moab in August
- Moab in September
- Moab in October
- Moab in November
- Moab in December
Where to Stay in Moab
There are all types of lodging in and near Moab from budget-friendly hotels to higher-prices resorts. You’ll also find vacation rentals, a hostel, campgrounds and RV parks in Moab.
READ OUR FULL GUIDE: Where to stay in Moab
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel due to its location close to Arches.
- Purple Sage – our all-time favorite place to stay in Moab – walking distance to shopping, full kitchen, and only 8 units so you don’t feel lost in a large hotel.
- Red Cliffs Lodge – rooms up to 6 people – located 17 miles from Moab, this lodge is known for its beautiful location, winery and activities like horseback riding, fishing and more!
- Vacation Rentals in Moab – we like kitchens found in rentals to cook our own meals to save money!
Things to Do in Moab, Utah
There are so many outdoor activities and things to do in Moab like mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, river rafting, and off-roading in Jeeps and ATVs. Be sure to visit nearby Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and Dead Horse Point State Park!
- Things to do in Moab
- Kid-Friendly Things to do in Moab, Utah
- Moab Adventures
- Moab Utah Hiking Trails
- Tours Near Moab, Utah
- Outlaw Jeep Tours
- Moab Biking Tours
- Moab Rafting Tours
Things to Do in Arches National Park Near Moab
- Visiting Arches National Park
- Arches National Park with kids
- Arches National Park scenic drive
- Arches National Park hiking trails
Things to Do in Canyonlands National Park Near Moab
- Visiting Canyonlands National Park
- Canyonlands hikes
- Island in the Sky hikes
- Canyonlands Needles hikes
- Island in the Sky scenic drive
- TOURS Near Canyonlands
Things to Do in Dead Horse Point State Park Near Moab
You definitely want to pack your camera to take pictures of the stunning Moab landscape. Download our camera gear checklist!
In these guides we share our experience through the years with you: photo tips, a list of best photo spots, and the camera gear you’ll need to take pictures in Moab, Arches National Park, and Canyonlands National Park.
Arches National Park Photography
Canyonlands National Park Photography
A Photo Tour of Moab, Utah
Take a visual tour through the Moab, Utah area to see the stunning landscapes you’ll see when you visit!